Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2.8K views

Their careless bakery staff ruined my surprise gender reveal party for me when I picked up a cake I had ordered directly from their display catalog at the counter and they labeled the top lid of the cake with what COLOR the inside filling was! There I was, waiting to find out what the gender of my baby was, having a party with 20 of my closest family and friends coming that day, only wanting to find out the surprise with them- and WALMART ruined it by being so careless and inconsiderate!

How could you not see that label!? I saw it in 3 seconds. It went thru at least two different employees and no one thought to take the label off? I stood there and cried .

Some assistant manager said there's nithing he could do, it's protocol to label all cakes with the filling- I Said it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this is a gender reveal cake from Your very own display!!! Why woukd you hand write Pink under inside filling on the top lid for anyone to see??? It is inexcusable, unforgiving, and I will never forget this huge tragic mistake. Everything was ruined.

So disappointing. Will never be back.

Reason of review: Mis labeling ruined the surprise.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walmart Cons: Carelessness of employees, Poor customer service, Blame of others for their mistake, No follow up from management, Poor hiring process for certain skills required.

• Experience Ruined

Comments

I Would of been pissed too!

wow good to know. Won't go there to pick up my gender reveal cake thats horrible !

aliens_amoung_us

You're baby will be fine, as this has no impact on your delivery nor the child's development. Seriously, there are bigger things to worry about.

Ist world problem

WOW YOU ARE BEING SO MELLOWDRAMATIC!

its is a freaking CAKE lady holy cow !

you seriously needed to take a drink as a pregnant woman ???because you saw the color of the FROSTING??? how on earth are you going to be able to raise a child and get through it without becoming an alcoholic???

Then next time have better friends that will pick up the cake for your party.

And before you rudely tell others to read first before replying maybe you should read what you typed before posting and not looking like an ***. This is copy, and pasted, directly from your post above

"Their careless bakery staff ruined my surprise gender reveal party for me when I picked up a cake I had ordered directly from their display catalog at the counter and they labeled the top lid of the cake with what COLOR the inside filling was!There I was, waiting to find out what the gender of my baby was, having a party with 20 of my closest family and friends coming that day, only wanting to find out the surprise with them- and WALMART ruined it by being so careless and inconsiderate!"

And then say that if something happens to your baby you are going to possibly sue the company.

Maybe you should sue yourself for damages because of possible FETAL ALCOHOL POISONING because of the drinks you took because OH MY GOD you screwed up. You can be the plaintiff and defendant, pay an attorney to attempt to sue yourself and one to defend you against yourself. In the lawsuit you are 100% guaranteed a win.

If you win you will be rewarded with a tidy sum from yourself to help with the damages to your baby because of the alcohol you drank or if you lose the case you win because you will not have to pay a judgement to yourself WOO HOO.

Not many lawsuits in the US of A that you are guaranteed a win!!

***

Please people READ before posting. I was not the one that picked up the cake, I was not the one that ordered the cake, my friend did, and when she bought it to my baby shower where the gender of the baby was to be revealed I glanced at it slightly and it said the frosting was pink.

When the box of the cake was opened that was when I was to find out the surprise. I was in tears and I needed some alcohol because of this and if anything happens to my baby because of this I will be taking legal action.

#1194093
@Anonymous

I would say your friend should have removed the label. Walmart had to put the label on to be sure they gave you what you ordered.

I do sympathize with you but you needed a Drink?

Really? That's crazy!!

First Born Triplet
#1194264
@Anonymous

I posted a comment on this site. I don't know what happened to it.

This site is a big joke. Helpful comments are removed while rude comments are still there. Anyways she keeps changing her story, In the original complaint she is the one that picked up the cake, now it is her "friend. However I would not be surprised if this site goes bankrupt, because here is a lot of law breaking on this site and the administrators allowing cyber bullying and harassment.

A few people have contacted lawyers to have this site sued for allowing. They have also contacted the police for unlawful activities on this site.

I was so upset over this that I needed a drink, and if anything happens to my child because of this I will be taking them to court. Thanks for the comments though.

I'm confused. If you ordered the cake then who told them what color to make the filling?

@Anonymous

I did not order the cake, I just saw on the box when my friend picked it up that it said pink frosting.

Should of just went to a bakery instead of WalMart.

Uh, you should know the gender before getting the cake you ***.

@Anonymous

The cake was bought by my friend, and it was a surprise for me. I wanted to take a peek at what the gender was and I was tempted to open the box, but I changed my mind, and the word pink frosting crossed my eyes.

Sheraleigh
@Anonymous

Do you even read what you type? You have contradicted yourself so many times.

Your complaint says you ordered the cake and you yourself saw the cake when YOU picked it up. Then changed the way you found out about it in your comments several different times.

You are so full of *** as well. They never put the color of filling on the label on any of their products they bake.

They put whatever icing they use such as whipped or cream..and kind of cake such as vanilla or chocolate, but never colors.

They do give a copy of the order slip to you so both of you know what was ordered.

Drama queen!!!