107 views
Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Jan 12, 2020

Update: After speaking with an attorney, we determined it would be too complex and very costly to go against a corporate giant. I will no longer use the Walmart Capital One Credit card; therefore, I paid my entire live balance in full.

Update by user Jan 12, 2020

Original review posted by user Dec 13, 2019

The switch from Synchrony to Capital One is a joke. They have taken a promo offer of mine that is set to expire 12/29/19 and have it all jazzed up.

I always pay my promos one month before the actual expiration.

With the switch to Capital One, my Oct 2019 payment, I paid the transaction balance on the statement plus over for the promo. I only had a 60.45 promo balance left going into Nov 2019 statement. This statement I PAID IN FULL, but they still show a promo balance for Dec 2019 statement.

Capital One told me they only use $28.00 from my payment and apply it to my promo balance. Then they use the remaining money to pay the statement transaction balance due.

If there is still an overage of payment, they apply it to future purchases. Why are they not putting the overage amount towards the promotional balance?

I said those purchases made after the statement's closing date, should apply to the next monthly bill. Now I will not be able to pay off the promo balance before the due date since they only apply the $28.00 minimum. They said I would need to pay the current live balance in full to pay off the promotional offer by my expiration date.

Read the back of your statement Capital One, in your own words, you take the first $28.00 minimum due and apply it to the lowest APR.

Any additional money is then applied to the highest APR balance, and then back to the lowest APR. Therefore, since I paid additional funds over the current statement balance, those funds should be applied back to the lowest APR, which is my PROMO!!!! You are an unethical and scrupulous company! Shame on Walmart for entering a joint venture with them!

You have lost my business!

PS.

I would like to know how one is to pay off a promotional offer if you are only applying the $28.00 minimum to the promotion bill per month! C

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Account.

Reason of review: Not processing payment correctly for 3 months.

Preferred solution: a my overage of payment.

Location: Crete, Illinois