2.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I had a total of 2 transactions totalling 803.00 paid to a merchant that I have never heard of through western union. I went to pay for a item using my card and it declined.

I called Walmart money card and got so many different people and departments.. Now they say give them 10 business days. I don't have money to give away Please investigate and give my money back.

What is so hard about that.. I will be contacting a lawyer and consumer affairs and BBB

Comments

h.kitchener

The danger in using these type of cards is that they are so easily hacked, especially if you have picked one up from the display in Walmart. Scammers go thru the gift card/money card displays and using a scanner will take the bar code numbers from the cards and then periodically monitor them to see if someone has bought one and activated it.

They then use this info to use the card as if it is their own. This is big business now and many people load money onto the cards and then a scammer will use it instead. I don't know what Walmart will do for you, but the bottom line is to never, ever buy a gift card from a display in a store!

Knowing Walmart, I wouldn't hold my breath awaiting them getting your money back. You could, of course open a bank account or get a regular visa credit card or such.