1.1K views

I had never had a problem with using my WIC checks at Walmart till today. My WIC checks state that I can get a quart of lactose free milk.

Unfortunately, my Walmart only sells their lactose free milk in half gallons. Most of the time, the cashier will let the half gallons go through, but not this time. This cashier had to be all high and mighty about it. When I tried to explain to her that other cashiers had let me do it, she said that that doesn't matter.

She even called a manager over, so we couldn't hop over into another line. I said screw it. I took both of my WIC checks and marched out the door.

I will shop at Giant Eagle for now on. Screw Walmart!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 11, 2011.

Comments

Frostburg, Maryland, United States #1343450

Really? Be grateful you get what you do without having to pay for it.

I know this is an old post but I have to comment on this as I'm a cashier. The thing is, you have to follow the rules and regulations of the WIC program.

If a store does not have the size or type of item that is on your voucher you can't get it. Go to another store as rain checks aren't allowed either per the WIC rules. If a cashier lets you get some other size or brand that is not listed the store can lose it's WIC license. The clerk can be fired for not following WIC rules.

I got called into the office one time because I didn't examine a carton of brown eggs because the packaging looked just like the regular brown eggs. I didn't read the package that stated Omega 3 was added to the eggs in that box. I didn't get fired but the store discontinued that product because of the packaging.

Don't get me started about people who try to buy Apple Jacks and chocolate milk with a WIC check. :p

to Anonymous #1116903

I don't think she cares if the cashier gets fired for giving in to her as long as she gets her way. The fact that she is on WIC shows she has entitlement issues. She thinks everyone owes her and her kids and she does not have to earn her living like the rest of the world does.

to Anonymous #1296538

You should maybe educate yourself on what WIC really is. It's a nutrition program for children, infants, and mothers.

I know multiple people on WIC that the mother AND father work full time jobs, including myself and my husband. This program isn't about handing out free money/food, you have to have a nutrition need as well as meet certain requirements, and you can't buy steaks and sodas.

Aleast this person cares enough about her children to get them in a program that promotes healthy eating habits. Also, maybe you should have a little compassion, you don't know that person's circumstances.

to Anonymous #1296723

While you are right the OP is being unreasonable. She wants more than what the program allows her.

Also there are people that buy $60 cakes and other non nutritious foods with their money. People like her do not need compassion if they want more than what they are allowed to get. Instead she should not be having children if she cannot afford to feed them. If the cashier let her get more than what she was entitled to, the cashier would too be on assistance all because this brat does not want to go by the program.

Not all people on government assistance are uneducated but the OP is. If she were educated she would know that it is her state rules on how much she can buy and would not blame Walmart, and posting her title "Screw Wal-mart, just shows how uneducated and immature she is. Also instead of spending money for internet access maybe she can fork over that money to buy the extra milk she feels that she is entitled to. If she is using a friend's computer, or one from the library, maybe she could be searching for local jobs?

That cashier works. Her tax money goes to pay to feed the OP and her children, and the ungrateful b**ch shows it by complaining about her for just doing what her job requires.

Kittanning, Pennsylvania, United States #890573

Well, when you expect things for free, well,expect more than what your supposed to get for free, that will happen. Be thankful for the checks that WIC gives you, instead of hitching about not getting more than what your entilteld to in the first place.

The cashier was doing her job, its not her job to give you more lactose free milk than what the check says.....how about paying the extra money for it, your not special.

You don't deserve more for free than you already get. Walmart will not be harmed by you not taking your checks there.

Wait a minute isn't WIC for mothers who keep having children because they cannot keep their legs crossed? You should be ashamed of yourself for complaining your WIC does not cover the milk.

Get a job and pay for it yourself. Until then have your children live with someone who can afford to feed them.

to Anonymous #875961

I have one child work full time and take good care of my baby and hes on WIC its not for "mothers who keep having children and cant keep their legs closed" everyone has a different situation. ...dont be so immature and judgmental GROW UP

to Anonymous #875963

You grow up, where is the baby's father, if you are on WIC why do you have internet access, why not use it to feed your child instead? Why not use your internet money to feed the child.

This person wants more that what WIC is giving her which makes her greedy. So tell me who is paying for your internet access, taxpayers or yourself, because if tax payers are paying for it you have a lot of nerve to talk to a tax payer that way who paid for your internet and is paying to feed your baby because you don't know who the father is.

to Anonymous #875964

The unfortunate thing is here anonymous about the internet access some of these people claim it is so they can find "work" what they are really doing is using it to watch youtube or chat with their friends on facebook and twitter. If they are going to say that they can benefit from internet access and use the internet to find work they will get it from tax payers.

They should check what these people are doing online because clearly the mother that bashed you is not using the internet for work. They should block all chat websites, gaming websites ect and only allow access to sites like monster dot com and other sites related to finding work.

to Anonymous #1020878

I wish one day you'll be disable after you have kids...then I will see how you would pay for them..you should stop judging other people ...we never know what is going to happens to us in this life..today your fine, with good health, good job..But tomorrow? do you know what it may happen????come on grow up People

to Anonymous #1025473

You have zero concept how it works and I work for the welfare department.

People who have a stick up their *** because they are ignorant about welfare programs should automatically be refused unemployment compensation, Medicare and social security. Because clearly, you don't know how it works.

to Anonymous #1074776

Wic is for women who need a little help feeding their child if they know the baby's father or not, and fyi some men are no good and no help. You shouldn't assume and be so quick to judge, especially since having children from rape exsists also. Also death is a thing what if he's not in the picture as a result, or what if they both just need the extra help.

to Anonymous #1101148

I'm pregnant with my first child. I'm with the father and on WIC.

I however need my internet to attend college.

I pay tax dollars as well so I think I should use my tax dollars it's not *** food stamps dip ***. I also served in the Army to keep you all safe

to Anonymous #1101425

The only one being immature here is the OP, demanding more freebies than she is entitled to. If she grew up she would wait until she is ready to have a child, and she would find a job.

Same with you, you cannot afford to have a child than wait.

Tax payers are sick of feeding your child because you did not use protection. I am sure they would rather pay one time for birth control, than 17 years to feed your child.

to Anonymous #1296726

You grow up, if you cannot afford children you should not be having them. What is immature is people like you creating children and then expecting us to feed them. What is immature is you have a child yet you have to have the tax payers feed him.

IHateStupidCustomers

the original poster is a cheap ***. so your WIC checks are only good for a quart so you're trying to get more for less?

if I go somewhere with a buy one get one free coupon for let's say.. a 2 pack of hot pockets. if Walmart is out of them, is it okay for me to just grab the big value boxes and get one for free instead? no.

if they don't have your lactose milk then either start taking lactose pills or get your milk somewhere else. just because some cashiers let your selfish a$$ through with the half gallon, that doesn't mean they should all of the time.

actually, they should never do it. I get food stamps once a month, you don't see me trying to use it to get fast food.

IHateStupidCustomers

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439785

Rachel, I for honest people like you it is okay to use the WIC, when you are off your feet. When you get on your feet again you don't use the program. However anyone such as the OP who complains about things like not getting more than she is entitled to or complaining about not getting condomments such as Tarter sauce ect is clearly taking advantage of the WIC program and likely having children just to qualify so they don't have to work for their money.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439782

You Wic mothers do not deserve anything. You just keep popping up children so that the government and tax payers can pay for them.

Seriously get a job so you do not have to beg for more free food than what you already have. Keep your legs crossed if you cannot afford your children. Do you even know who the father of any of your children are. The reason the other times the cashier let your purchase go through anyway was because she felt bad for you.

However the cashier you happened to encounter when you posted this review knew that you were just too lazy to get a job and kept having children so you can get money from our government. I hope you enjoyed the free milk every taxpayer in your state paid for.