Went thru self checkout with 80 dollars of groceries then paid with bank credit card. The machine could not finish the transaction after all info was put in then the clerk came over and said the machine cancelled the transaction after he hit a few buttons and that I would have to do it all again.

Walmart self checkout machines suck and have for a long time. They should upgrade the darn things, Meijer's machines work better so I'll be going there from now on.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Credit Card.

Reason of review: the clerk messed up and should of offered to help..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Poor Self Checkout Machines
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 28, 2015.

Comments

Ontario, Canada #1085211

Try swearing at the machine, it does not work, but it lets your frustration out.

to Zack #1085482

Thanks for the helpful advice, I think I will try that, and if that does not work. I think I will kick the machine. That is if I ever return.

ransom

In my view, the self checkouts are good if you have a few (like less than 5) items and the checkout lines have people with full carts.

Then they're handy and quick.

However, I agree that using them for a normal situation is not a good idea. Sucks actually!

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1084922

Or, just go to a regular lane, tho both WalMart and Meijer have made concerted efforts to make your wait in line as long as possible. Try Kroger for grocery items.

A bit more, perhaps in cost but they have more checkout lanes. Why anyone would go thru a self serve lane and do all the work themselves is a mystery.