9K views

I was checking out with my toddler and she was not listening and while trying to keep her in check and scan items I guess I mistakenly missed a few.Before even leaving the checkout area (I never left the store) the cashier says a few of my items didn't scan.

I say oh no well which ones and I'll rescan them and pay. She calls a csm and they start going through every bag and then they call a manager and I ask them what's going on and the cashier says I didn't scan some of my items and I say yes I did to which she loudly yells that I didn't because she was watching me. I'm beyond embarrassed. The manager tells me to come with her and I do to a little room showing me scanning my items on camera.

She tells me she knows what I was trying to do and asks if I have a criminal history to which I reply no I dont. She tells me I'm not being prosecuted and no police will be called but that she needs my drivers license and ssn. I comply. She asks if I can pay for the items that didn't scan and I say of course and she let's me pay for them.

Then she tells me loudly enough for everyone in the front of the store to hear that I am to never come into her store and use her self checkout lines again. As if I ever would after this anyways. My point here is I was not trying to steal anything. I never admitted to stealing anything.

I never signed anything. I never even left the store without paying. Why did she take all my information and treat me like a common criminal? Will police be coming to my door at a later date?

I'm so confused and honestly hurt by all this. Advice please.

This happened in Tennessee btw.Ty

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

If you have an ill-behaved child with you who requires your attention, why would you complicate things further by using the self-checkout (unless you were going to try to steal several items)? Why would you not use a staffed check lane where the cashier scanned your items while you tended to your kid?

Miramont-De-Comminges, Midi-Pyrenees, France #1350215

All of you PRO Walmart commenters are clowns. Not everyone wants to steal, let alone shop, at some dump like Walmart, unless they are really hard up. Democrats are also clowns as well.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1340516

Funny, I was actually arrested, but under these same circumstances.

Columbus, Ohio, United States #1324308

In the future, never ever give your personal information to them in a situation like that.It's none of their business.

If they have a problem with that, insist they call the police.

Then, the police wouldn't have been able to charge you with anything anyway, since you never left the store.Can't legally steal something unless you pass all points of sale.

Get real Wal-Mart customers!People do steal.

The Wal-Mart that I work at has lost over a million $ last year. We find empty packages from all different departments all over the store. We find old smelly shoes left behind from people who walk out wearing a new pair. People try to walk out with microwaves, vacuum cleaners, dog food, diapers, formula etc every day.

And they always say the same thing "Oh, I must have forgot to scan it." Maybe they did. But that's why receipts are checked at the door. When people steal it affects all of us.

It affects my paycheck And the prices you have to pay.Be thankful they are trying to keep prices low for everyone.

Get real Wal-Mart customers!People do steal.

kymm744
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #1281258

They do this kind of stuff all the time.Walmart policy is employees can not go inside a customers plastic bag.

Call the 800 number on your receipt and store manager, district manager, regional manager.Go all out.

Salisbury, North Carolina, United States #1277700

The same exact thing happened to me last night, except I told the girls that I couldn't life my dog food an they said I was good, I walked through the store an handed the lady at the door my receipt an we took the dog food out an my husband paid for it. They took me to a room an called the police, I was charged with misdemeanor larceny an I have to go to court

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1234152

Omfg...I can't believe you *** on here talking about she should lose her *** kid over being distracted & not noticing a few nickle & dime items didnt beep...like really people you guys need to loose your *** teeth talking *** like that...you dont even know her or what may or may not be going on in her life & at least she is with her child instead of running out like alot of men do.Were the items yours?????????

*** no, & Walmart don't treat their employee's that good for you to make an *** out of yourself & go as far as calling dcfs on an ASSUMPTION.What a bunch of peice of *** sorry excuse for humans you are!!!!!!!

Kr1
to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #1237712

You think because someone called dcfs on her they should have lose their teeth. If you read her update you would see that she had done this several times. Besides she also admitted to losing her child several times.