Update by user Mar 12, 2013

If it weren't for chain stores,small businesses would have bigger opportunities to thrive, so, I believe you are the one that doesn't comprehend, and it's a problem throughout the world. We have a local tax also no matter where we choose to shop, whether it be a chain or small business.

Chain stores are killing local business, which IS my point! These stores can offer prices up to a price reduction of 25% lower than local competition. On a good note, most of our local small businesses are firmly rooted in our community and we enjoy going there. I just wish we had more opportunities for our youth other than a walk around WalMart, and it would be nice when a person must shop there to be able to find what they're looking for.

If our county wasn't making a profit off of chain stores, we wouldn't be seeing so much land being leveled to make way for these stores to come in.

I DO encourage shopping locally and I'm not incompetent. Think outside of the box and you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

Original review posted by user Mar 11, 2013

Sooo....Southern Illinois begs it's citizens to patronize the area by shopping local. Unfortunately, you have to leave town and find another store, better stocked!

Everytime I go to WalMart, they are either out of products or don't carry specific products, but of course, offer the higher dollar versions. I recently went to buy Swiffer dust polish. I had a bogo coupon which was a deal! Amazingly, they were totally sold out!

I thought, hmmm, maybe others have the same deal and they are just sold out. I returned a week later to find the barcode displayed, but still no product, soooo I went to the Dollar Stoer and guess what! Fully stocked shelves! I also shopped for printers that day...but,as expected, no inexpensive ones were to be found.

Only the high dollar between $80-$125. I then looked for a bissell rechargable cleaner and yet again another disappointment. I ended up going to WalMart in Marion with no problems finding what I needed. My parents went to shop for a food processor, and guess what!

No luck there! All the high dollar one's were on display, however, they were once again, sold out.

Now, they call themselves a Super Center! Sure could have fooled me!

Review about: Walmart Coupon.

Comments

Mr Customer, First I would like to say that your comments are always valid and intelligently thought out. Which is why ladyscot is unable to answer your questions in an equally intelligent manner.

LadyScot is a serial replier on this site, in no way shape or form is she a "professional".

I agree with the comment below from Southbury, Connecticut, that she has let the bad in her job and life control her and it is not out of the realm of possibilities that does not have positive influences in her life that sincerely love. I would describe her as heartless and full of hate attributes that prevent her from being a positive, productive member of society.

Naples, Florida, United States #650442

Her childhood was filled with *** relationships with me, her brothers, and uncles. She is a sad sack of manure! :grin :grin Can't wait for you to suck on my co,ck daddy is waiting.

Thanks LadyScot for proving how much you hate your job and finally admitting you hate your job and life. Though we all already knew it "as well".

See LadyScot confess to hating her job and life at Review #: 403979 :grin

I do not shop at SMALL BUSINESSES because they are way higher than WALMART or Any other large company.Be honest.You will not find half the product you need because the small businesses only carry one or Two product's that is need and Guess what,The product that the small businesses carry is probably so out of date that no one want's to buy it.I go into small businesses almost everyday to try to give back to the COMMUNITY.But the small businesses are never up to date on anything.You forgot to state this FACT.

Naples, Florida, United States #623331

Mom and pop small businesses do NOT fail because of Walmart. They fail because of YOU, the customer, who chooses cheap over them.

I get so tired of hearing the old "Walmart ruined small business" line. If customers gave a d a m m about small business they would shop there.

MrCustomer
to LadyScot Fair Oaks, California, United States #649809

And yet again, the customer is at fault. I'm shocked, I say SHOCKED, to discover that LadyScot feels that the consumer could possibly be at fault for ANYTHING! And shocked as we'll that Sioux Falls feels that someone's just a big baby...

Folks, these two professional "repliers" have been filling this site with their consistent rant against the consumer for some time now. They do it here (Walmart) as well as Walgreens and CVS, too. Perhaps they reply to most posts on this site, for all I know. In every case, though, one thing is clear - it's our fault. Really, it is - everything is our fault. Bad service, poor selection, high prices, surly pharmacy clerks, dirty restrooms, acid rain, and Korea's nuclear threats - they are all our fault, and we should be ashamed and sorry - oh, and we should be glad that these stores (and their poor excuse for "services") are there to take our money - so we should just shut the *** up and give it to them.

So, LadyScot, Sioux Falls, Simon, So Sad, and all the rest of your gang of recalcitrant retail clerks - one more time, just in case your comprehension is at a 2nd grade level - this is a site for consumers to complain about poor service and product - NOT a site for retailers to berate us and tell us we shouldn't complain. So please, find a site where you can *** with other retail plebs to your little hearts content. Because we will not be quiet, and we won't shut up and take it...

to MrCustomer Southbury, Connecticut, United States #649833

I do not believe that ladyscot is a "professional" replier. It is much more likely that she and the other constant repliers are people that have let their bad experiences in their job and life control their lives and occupy the space in their brains that is meant for tolerance.

It is also possible that their childhood experiences have left them damaged and unable to cope as productive adults. After seeing all the comments and posts left by the "constant repliers" it is clear they do not have a loving, caring and nurturing environment and are not surrounded by people that love and encourage them so they are filled with self-loathing, evident by all their "replies".

to MrCustomer #649916

Thanks MrCustomer for calling out the "'professional reliers'".

Call 'em like you see 'em, brother!

PS: You are right on every post on which you make comments!

to Three's a Crowd #649917

For the typing ***, repliers ok?

to MrCustomer Naples, Florida, United States #649981

Then don't. But you and the rest like you will always blame a *** store for your choices.

That is a cop out. Walmart has never once forced a single person through their doors. Not a one. So you just keep on blaming Walmart, and other chain stores for small businesses going under.

YOU are the consumer.

YOU are the one who ruined small business. And yes, I WILL blame the customer for anything the customer does.

MrCustomer
to LadyScot Fair Oaks, California, United States #650228

Ladyscot-

I don't have an issue with blame- because frankly, my dear, the customer couldn't care less about what you think about them, and neither do I. However, I DO have a problem with a representative of a retailer telling consumers to "Shut up and take it" when complaining about poor service and products at retailers like Walmart. You and your alter egos/cohorts/fellow professional repliers have consistently told the consumer on this site that everything wrong about these retailers is their fault - even going so far as to say a filthy bathroom and untrained clerks are our fault. Well, they're not - they're YOUR fault (speaking of retailers), since you seem to be their trained mouthpiece.

Have you thought about revealing why you're really here? Why you continue to answer for Walgreens, Walmart, and CVS on any and all subjects? Or are you just going to continue ignoring these questions. You know, they don't magically go away just because you don't answer them - they just sit there, waiting - waiting for the time when you want to be really truthful about your motivation. Until then, this is the only part of you where the silence is deafening - unfortunately...

to MrCustomer Naples, Florida, United States #650413

I do not have to justify my motives to you. I hate *** and I say it.

Loudly. Don't like it? Ignore my posts. Otherwise, move on with your life.

I will post my opinion on any topic I choose, just as you do.

I will also continue to ignore your inquisition. Pound sand.

to MrCustomer #650636

to MrCustomer #650660

I am in a different part of the country, but the only time I have been to a walmart when they have been out of a lot of products was when there were severe storms.

You do realize when they say shop locally they don't mean major retail chains like Wal-Mart, they mean the small business in the area. So much more I could go on about, but you will never understand, yout comprehension is very low.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #621604

It isn't the individual store's fault when they are out of something. It depends on when the shipment comes in and what is on the shipment, and the amount allotted for each store.

This is what one of the employees in my WalMart told me one time, several years ago. What the employee said is that they never have an idea what will be on each shipment. However, I have noticed the last few years they are getting better. A few times recently when I have asked about a product, the employee can check on a scanner and see when it will be in, or radio to somebody else and ask.

I don't imagine you thought to ask an employee about it, you were just intent on getting on here and complaining. I guess when it comes to printers, I don't want one of the real cheap ones, I only use the all-in-one printers, that print color and black. Yes, the brand that I use has gotten higher priced over the years. I'm sure they all have gotten higher priced.

The problem with WalMart in their electronic department is that they are trying to compete with Best Buy, and in some other departments with Target. In fact the last printer I got I bought at Target, because my WalMart didn't have what I wanted at the time I needed it.

Your complaint seems kind of funny the things you have been shopping for in a close time span. I really think you just wanted something to complain about.