(my email to Walmart is shown below. Without the 4 hour window of availability, my purchase was pointless. Very long, but maybe it will amuse)

Good Morning,

It has come to my attention that on the page of walmart.com offering "EGift cards", the description states that the gift card will be electronically diverted to the intended recipient with funds available for immediate use within "4 hours at the most".

This is entirely false. After having discussed the matter with the "escalation" representative at walmart.com, I was repeatedly assured that no one I can ever hope to contact directly has any means or knowledge that would grant them influence or scale of how long the transaction might take. So, the two ppl with whom I spoke were each readily aware of the falsehood included in the description of this product, and neither could seem to understand any real need to fix it.

I made purchase based solely on a lie that is openly displayed on your website. The response "there's nothing we can do" is all I received. I simply wanted to be sure I understood the situation as it stands before I email the FTC and my attorney. I know it's just a $50 transaction but I can't help but feel that this is a display of contempt toward just about anyone who might want to actually patronize your business.

If a stranger promised to have your money reach a recipient in 4 hours, proceeded to then disappear for dozens of hours instead, how great of a dollar amount would need to be involved before you feel aggressively disrespected.

I've seen nothing to indicate anyone on your team sees this as an issue. That worries me. If it's a typo, it's literally the only part of the sentence that mattered so proofread it. If it was a lie to boost sales of what seems to be an unbelievably slow way to send funds, then I suppose it would be greed rather than sloth.

I believe I could be wrong and someone has a sliver of self respect - aside of course from the inbound customer service team who have been nothing but gracious and dedicated in the face of a problem they didn't create.

So, what do you think? Someone maybe want to alter one chapter of a sentence to completely fix the fact that you're lying to ppl as you accept their money? I'm hoping so. In the meantime I'll imagine my pending transaction is food I could eat to not be hungry until *who knows* when.

I sincerely thank you for your time and any attention you meant to this.

Yours Truly,

Daniel Bolger

732-814-9928

Typo "chapter" changed to the correct "character". At work with no time to re-read. All free time was already dedicated to this quagmire of effort stacking to build zero.

{{Redacted}}

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Shopping Advertisement.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 12.

Comments

This is a novel that is Too Long to read.Just send a letter to their Corporate Headquarters.That information is found on their website.