Layout of Store

I see so many complaining on here from WM associates about the treatment they receive from customers that I want to take this opportunity to remind those complaining who really matters at Walmart. That person is the CUSTOMER. The CUSTOMER is the whole reason Walmart exists in the first place. I have noticed that a lot of the bad "treatment" that associates receive from customers is especially deserved...including in my cases. You don't treat the customer right to begin with then they won't treat you right in return. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Ever heard that expression? Here are some rules to remember the next time you clock in at Walmart.

1. The customer is always right...even when they are wrong. We are paying your paychecks. We are your bread and butter.

2. When we ask you a question you answer it and truthfully. You should know where everything is in the store. That is your job. I know HR gives you tours of the whole store when you begin your job. Watch, listen and learn.

3. Be prepared for the customer. Have what we need in stock beforehand. We shouldn't have to ask for stuff. There should be no backroom with our stuff still in it. It should be on the floor waiting for us.

4. You greet us and smile. We don't care about your personal problems or what kind of day you are having. You leave that at the front door.

5. All lines should be open with fast, friendly and speedy checkouts. This having one line open in a Walmart supercenter is ridiculous. You have plenty of people working in the store that could check.

Comments

#1620142

1. Ha the customer is not always right and Walmart, not the customer is paying their paycheck.

2. While they should answer truthfully, this is a big store not a small store no one knows where everything is. 3. right about that unless it is super busy of course 4.

Fair enough, treat people with respect and they will smile at you. I have met some rude employees not just at Walmart but other places as well. Very rare do people be rude for no reason. 5.

I they were all on cash you would be complaining no one on the floor. They want to save money even if it means screwing employees and customers(not literally)

#1619583

If the customer is getting violent, or physical in any way, you honestly expect the cashier to abide by that stupid policy? If the employee feels threatened in anyway physical or not, they should have the right to refuse. The employees well being is WAY more important than a *** entitled customer.

Los Angeles, California, United States #971718

You sound like an entitled douche. I bet you like the smell of your own ***. I hope Walmart throws you out and bans you from the store the next time you mistreat one of their employees.

to Anonymous #1620143

He or she did not mistreat anyone just venting.

Irvine, California, United States #968683

" There should be no backroom with our stuff still in it. It should be on the floor waiting for us." Lol. You obviously know nothing about working retail.

Irvine, California, United States #968680

I work retail and you are definitely wrong about how customers aren't rude unless the employee is rude to them. So wrong.

I've come across so many nasty customers (I can tell you're one of them) who are rude to the employees and expect the employees to bow down to them. Everybody deserves respect and we have the right to refuse service to any customer who chooses to me nasty to us.

Ever see the signs in businesses that say "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" ? Yep.

CaliforniaLiberal
to Anonymous #968746

Actually that is against the law. You cannot refuse service to anyone regardless. They may say those on signs but the law is the law.

to CaliforniaLiberal #968856

If you are being disrespectful, violent, making threats, shoplifting, or anything illegal then management can throw you out of the store.

to CaliforniaLiberal Houston, Texas, United States #968910

It is against the law to refuse service on the grounds of sexual preference, religion, race, gender, etc but it is not against the law to refuse service for legitimate reasons such as a person disrupting business, being drunk in public, causing a scene, cussing, or bullying associates or other customers. If the latter is the case the store has every right to refuse service and call the police if necessary, which is at the stores discretion.

to Texas***servative #969190

Nope, it is law that the associates have to put up with the customer. A lot of times it isn't drunkeness or anything like that.

It is a customer being mistreated or an associate not doing their job. Obama said so.

to Texas***servative #969313

@CaliforniaLiberal,

First off, Obama can kiss it. He doesn't make the law, though I know he would like to think so.

He isn't God, though he thinks he is.

Second, at a store, as long as it isn't because of your skin color, sexual preference, religion, race, gender, nationality, any other protected status, a store/restaurant/hotel/any other business can refuse you service, ask you to leave the premises, have you removed from the property, etc.

if you are causing trouble, disrupting the flow of business, antagonizing customers or associates, intoxicated, breaking the law, shoplifting, etc.

As a customer, you don't have the right to cause trouble, antagonize other customers or associates, shoplift, or otherwise disrupt business.

to CaliforniaLiberal #969357

Not true, you can even have abusive people trespassed off the property.

to CaliforniaLiberal #969638

You seriously didn't have to use your political views as your username. Your entitlement mentality already gave your political persuasions away.

to CaliforniaLiberal #971053

I just got off the phone with Obama. He said to tell you he was mistaken and that anytime a self untitled horses rear like yourself comes in a store thinking is okay to mistreat the employees because it's their job to take it that they're free to pick you up by the seat of your pants and back of the collar and throw you in the street.

to CaliforniaLiberal #1360037

That is not the law it's policy, show me the statue that that's law.

to Anonymous #1620144

Some employees anywhere are just rude but most are not.

musicman88

I can see you are one of "those" customers. I agree that employees should be courteous to customers and that customers are the reason they have a job.

But that is no reason to abuse employees. It's attitudes like that which make employees rude.

Here are some rules from an employee standpoint.

1. "The customer is always right." That is such a misleading statement.

It is used so employees will remember to respect the customer. The customer is sometimes just plain wrong. The customer isn't right if they say a $500 Samsung TV is a penny. The customer isn't right if they shoplift.

Respect is a two way street. You all may pay our paycheck. But we are there for your convenience and we are there to help you get what you need.

2. We should have a general idea where everything is.

The training coordinator gives a tour but they just show us each general area of the store. Or if you are always right like you say you are, then you can figure out where it is?

3. That is our job description as Sales Floor associates. Those who work the morning and day shift set up displays and stock.

They generate the list that is supposed to be stocked. Evening shift associates get returns, straighten up the aisles, and at the beginning of their shift, they stock. Overnight associates stock several pallets of merchandise. Evening shift associates can't always go and look in the back while the truck is being unloaded.

The backroom is not some magical place where merchandise magically appears. Sometimes the merchandise just isn't there. We are trying to get it out and ready for the customer.

4. We should greet you and smile.

Why don't you do the same to us? Why don't you leave the bad attitude in your car? How about showing a bit of respect toward the associates? They probably have to be customers too when they are not at work.

5. Yes. More lines should be open. However, on slow days, is it really wise to have cashiers just standing at the register and only wait on a handful of customers the whole shift?

Remember, respect is a two-way street. Both parties should travel down that street.

Theoldlady65
to musicman88 #968578

And it is seriously your job to take it. Who are paying your paychecks again?

to Theoldlady65 #968648

It is the job as a human being to be respectful. Whether one is paid or unpaid, being disrespectful makes that person less than a human being.

There is no exception.

I remember back in the day where stores were more than fully staffed, things got done, and customers and employees were happy. Nowadays, the stores are severely understaffed, nothing gets done, and both customers and employees are miserable.

Why was Walmart so much better back then? What happened?

to Theoldlady65 #968858

IF you are being disrespectful to me then I don't have to take it. I can simply call a member of management that will deal with you.

Customers pay the pay check.

But you still don't have the license to be disrespectful.