Walmart - Spoiled Christmas

I purchased a 1/4 carat sterling silver wedding band set at the Bloomington, Ut walmart on Nov 19, 2015.It was sent out to be sized up to an 8 from the 7 that it was.

We were told that we would get a phone call when the ring came in, we did NOT receive a phone call at all. After 4 weeks we went into the store to find out what was going on and no one knew anything about it. We spoke with Brett, an assistant manager, who left a message for the jewelry people. Two days later we get a phone call that the ring is in and is the correct size.

My husband went in and got it and brought it home to me that night and it was the WRONG size. We take it back to the store and inform them of this and they size it and tells us it's a size 7.5 at best. Justin, another assistant manager, tells us that he will talk to Brittany, the jewelry manager, and Scott, the store manager, on monday and get back to us. After he spoke with them they tried to tell us that the ring is a size 8, when it's NOT, and that they sized it in the store and it showed as an 8 on their sizer.

My husband wanted them to send it out to be re-sized to the correct size, since someone there screwed up, and that he wanted it half off because it was screwed up. Scott told him that we can send it out to be re-sized and expedite it but i'm not willing to give it to you for half off, and tried to tell us that we told the person when we bought it over a month ago the wrong size, which we did NOT do, and that their ring sizer is incorrect on sizing.

We returned the ring set, cause this is a bunch of BS, and instead of giving us cash like we wanted, they put it back on our debit card because they didn't have enough in the jewelry drawer and that purchases over $200 have to be put on the card.So now we have NO money to spend on christmas and I'm out the ring set because these people can't or won't do their jobs right.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
It's all described in the review. This ruined my christmas!!!!!
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Wedding Band Set
Review category
Luxury / Jewelry
review #755959 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about