Update added by user May 25, 2016
I've still not heard anything from Walmart on this issue but I wrote a review for this product on Walmart's website and they haven't posted it yet. It's been almost two weeks since I wrote it. Makes me doubt the validity of product reviews there.
Original review posted by user May 13, 2016
I have been buying Spring Valley Evening Primrose Oil from Walmart for a few years now and have had good results from the product.However, the last bottle I got smelled like the oil had turned rancid.
I called the toll-free number on the bottle and reported it. They took my email address and told me they would email me a Walmart gift card to refund my purchase price (even though I paid cash for it). While giving the man the information off of the bottle, I noticed it now states "Product of China." (I still had my last bottle and this statement was not on it.) I asked if this product was going to be made in China from now on and he said, "Actually, I looked this one up already and it was really made in New York." He said that anytime I want to know the true origin of a product that I'm purchasing from Walmart that I should call and ask where it was made. Really?
I'm supposed to call for every item I place in my cart at Walmart if I'm concerned about where it was made?
I sent an email to Walmart's Customer Service explaining what this man told me and asked if the labels truly did not mean anything. I also told them about the rancid product. Guess what? This was over a month ago and I never got a reply from Walmart or the gift card I was promised.
I still had my store receipt for the Evening Primrose Oil and took it back to the store for a refund.
Think I'll be buying supplements from Walmart any more?Nope!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Layout of Store|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Ease of Use|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am going to post this until everybody knows, and hope they change their spending habits... A different store could use the business... Wal-Mart has lost mine. Wal-Mart is so..."
- "While I was eating my product I noticed an altered taste after the first ***. I decided to check the expiration date and realize that it was expired for 3..."
- "I bought an external Toshiba 3TB hard drive at Walmart. It was packaged as new, with the cable, power supply, etc. When I plugged it into my computer,..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "Visitors to PSFIFACoins get not only FIFA 15 Coins for all the consoles and Xbox One and other devices but get them at cheap price too. One of the specialities..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "Rusting under lid, appears to be worse by bleach dispenser but not just there, the entire metal part appears to be rusting. A google search shows this is a well-known..."
- "A Stargazer Lily arrangement with a teddy bear was to be delivered to me on Saturday, May 9,2015. I received multi colored roses that fell apart when taken out of..."
- "On May 15, 2016, I ordered satellite TV through AT&T...My installation date was scheduled for May 17th, but I changed it to May 21st. The technician arrived at 7:55..."