Walmart - Spring Valley product now made in China

Update added by user May 25

I've still not heard anything from Walmart on this issue but I wrote a review for this product on Walmart's website and they haven't posted it yet. It's been almost two weeks since I wrote it. Makes me doubt the validity of product reviews there.

Original review posted by user May 13

I have been buying Spring Valley Evening Primrose Oil from Walmart for a few years now and have had good results from the product.However, the last bottle I got smelled like the oil had turned rancid.

I called the toll-free number on the bottle and reported it. They took my email address and told me they would email me a Walmart gift card to refund my purchase price (even though I paid cash for it). While giving the man the information off of the bottle, I noticed it now states "Product of China." (I still had my last bottle and this statement was not on it.) I asked if this product was going to be made in China from now on and he said, "Actually, I looked this one up already and it was really made in New York." He said that anytime I want to know the true origin of a product that I'm purchasing from Walmart that I should call and ask where it was made. Really?

I'm supposed to call for every item I place in my cart at Walmart if I'm concerned about where it was made?

I sent an email to Walmart's Customer Service explaining what this man told me and asked if the labels truly did not mean anything. I also told them about the rancid product. Guess what? This was over a month ago and I never got a reply from Walmart or the gift card I was promised.

I still had my store receipt for the Evening Primrose Oil and took it back to the store for a refund.

Think I'll be buying supplements from Walmart any more?Nope!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

No items

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
An answer to my question, "Do your product labels lie?"
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #847172 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.