Trafford, Alabama

Update by user May 25, 2016

I've still not heard anything from Walmart on this issue but I wrote a review for this product on Walmart's website and they haven't posted it yet. It's been almost two weeks since I wrote it. Makes me doubt the validity of product reviews there.

Original review posted by user May 13, 2016

I have been buying Spring Valley Evening Primrose Oil from Walmart for a few years now and have had good results from the product.However, the last bottle I got smelled like the oil had turned rancid.

I called the toll-free number on the bottle and reported it. They took my email address and told me they would email me a Walmart gift card to refund my purchase price (even though I paid cash for it). While giving the man the information off of the bottle, I noticed it now states "Product of China." (I still had my last bottle and this statement was not on it.) I asked if this product was going to be made in China from now on and he said, "Actually, I looked this one up already and it was really made in New York." He said that anytime I want to know the true origin of a product that I'm purchasing from Walmart that I should call and ask where it was made. Really?

I'm supposed to call for every item I place in my cart at Walmart if I'm concerned about where it was made?

I sent an email to Walmart's Customer Service explaining what this man told me and asked if the labels truly did not mean anything. I also told them about the rancid product. Guess what? This was over a month ago and I never got a reply from Walmart or the gift card I was promised.

I still had my store receipt for the Evening Primrose Oil and took it back to the store for a refund.

Think I'll be buying supplements from Walmart any more?Nope!

I liked: Convenience.

3.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $7
Preferred solution An answer to my question, "Do your product labels lie?"

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Palm Desert, California, United States #1335305

Walmart Vitamin E now made in China...will not buy in future. In fact we do not buy anything of theirs made in China, but definitely not our Vitamins. Such a great disappointment..what happened to MADE IN THE USA?

attcustomer
Birmingham, Alabama, United States #1321549

To: ANONYMOUS EAGAN, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES #1321512 from the Original Poster: I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear in my original review.Since Spring Valley Products are a "Made for Walmart" brand and distributed by Walmart, the toll-free number on the bottle IS a Walmart phone number.

I DID speak to a representative of Walmart when I called the toll-free number to report the problem with the product.

My first choice of action was to call Walmart to report the change in the Evening Primrose Oil product, hoping to save others from getting the inferior product in case it was a "bad batch." However, since Walmart did not send the promised Walmart gift card, I assumed the problem was never truly reported to them, and at that point, I felt my only recourse was to take the product back to the store and get my money back.

Yes, I got my money back but I sincerely doubt the batch was tested for purity or other problems.

And I learned a lesson by speaking to the Walmart employee (when I called the toll-free number), that you can't believe what is printed on the labels.At least, not on the Spring Valley...

I hope you will re-read my original review, now that you know that I was indeed dealing with Walmart, and tell me, wouldn't you "blame Walmart?"

Eagan, Minnesota, United States #1321512

How is that Walmart's fault?If he called the number on the bottle, he was not dealing with Walmart.

But he did take the product back to Walmart and got a refund.

So...why blame Walmart?