Trafford, Alabama
3.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user May 25, 2016

I've still not heard anything from Walmart on this issue but I wrote a review for this product on Walmart's website and they haven't posted it yet. It's been almost two weeks since I wrote it. Makes me doubt the validity of product reviews there.

Original review posted by user May 13, 2016

I have been buying Spring Valley Evening Primrose Oil from Walmart for a few years now and have had good results from the product. However, the last bottle I got smelled like the oil had turned rancid.

I called the toll-free number on the bottle and reported it. They took my email address and told me they would email me a Walmart gift card to refund my purchase price (even though I paid cash for it). While giving the man the information off of the bottle, I noticed it now states "Product of China." (I still had my last bottle and this statement was not on it.) I asked if this product was going to be made in China from now on and he said, "Actually, I looked this one up already and it was really made in New York." He said that anytime I want to know the true origin of a product that I'm purchasing from Walmart that I should call and ask where it was made. Really?

I'm supposed to call for every item I place in my cart at Walmart if I'm concerned about where it was made?

I sent an email to Walmart's Customer Service explaining what this man told me and asked if the labels truly did not mean anything. I also told them about the rancid product. Guess what? This was over a month ago and I never got a reply from Walmart or the gift card I was promised.

I still had my store receipt for the Evening Primrose Oil and took it back to the store for a refund.

Think I'll be buying supplements from Walmart any more? Nope!

Product or Service Mentioned: Spring Valley Vitamins Evening Primrose Oil Supplement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: An answer to my question, "Do your product labels lie?".

Walmart Pros: Convenience.

• Company Lies

Comments

Spring Valley Glucosamine Sulfate 1000 mg which according to several class action lawsuits does not contain the sulfate but contains the hydrochloride that is less effective and less expensive. The label says "PRODUCT OF CHINA".

I bought Spring Valley Collagen Peptides at Walmart. Once I got home & had my glasses on I read on the label that the Collagen is a PRODUCT OF CHINA.

No way in *** would I ever trust that! On my way back to Walmart for my refund.

Just realized my Equate silver & Spring Valley Vitamin D and Spring Valley Zinc are from China. I carefully read food labels because I do not want to eat anything from China.

I never dreamed the Walmart vitamins would be from there. WTF??? And the lettering on the label that states they are from China is teeninecy (that’s Southern-speak for too damn teeny to read with 60+ year old eyes without a hand-held magnifying glass). Finding this out led me to google these vitamins which led to me finding this site.

Thanks for NUTHIN’ Walmart - I will be returning these on my next trip. If it weren’t for a few items I buy there I’d quit shopping Walmart altogether - their produce often is old & I envision the germs of 10,000 people touching each tomato & apple, they make a variety of breads in their bakery - that all taste exactly alike, I often see their management speaking rudely to employees, their clothes are ultra cheap & fall apart, shrink, or are limp after afree a wash.

I could go on & on. I can deal with their other things, but potentially poisoning me vitamins I take to enhance my health is just too much!!!

@Anonymous

And don't forget that the cheap bicycles that they sell are for c.r.a.p.! People think that they are getting a good deal, but they're not.

Their bicycles are not only very poorly made with inferior quality materials, but they are also very dangerous. I went to leave Wal-Mart after shopping there on my $89 Wal-Mart Cranbrook bicycle one day and my handlebars came out from under me and flipped upside down. I fell real hard to the cement. My backpack that I had just filled with groceries broke my fall and kept my head from hitting the pavement.

It hurt real bad and knocked the wind out of me and I was unable to speak, I just lay there in extreme pain while customers and Wal-Mart employees rushed to me to see if I was allright. I had to have one of the people give me a hand to pull me up off of the ground. Also, I never would have bought that bicycle in the first place.

It was a gift that was given to me. If I had had a receipt, I would have taken it back and demanded a refund.

@Anonymous

Same complaint! Made in China?

I never bought vitamins from Walmart but am traveling and wanted some Biotin. Never will I buy vitamins again from Walmart.

Made in China...really? Walmart should be totally ashamed of this corporate move.

Trueb, I can say is made from China , I just buy a bottle with vitamin B SPRING VALLEY. and yeah is China.

I'll finish than no more , product make feld good after all , but kinda no like items from there. Specially if is going in to my stomach lol...

You think they're going to mail you cash? - smh - Lord help us the idiots are out tonight!

@23502

Nope, I thought they would send me a refund check that I could spend anywhere I chose, not a Walmart gift card. But it's a mute point since they didn't send either. Anyway, the problem wasn't the money (which they did refund when I took the item back to the store), the problems are the questionable quality of the product and the fact that I was told not to believe what is printed on the labels.

yes, mainly you.

@23502

You just woke up I guess

We tried SPRING VALLEY vitamin C chewables from Walmart, bot of us had problems later that evening with our stomachs and pain with indigestion we attributed to the chewable c that did not taste right..i have become aware that some vitamins are made in China where standards are different then in the this country.

I would not consume any dietary products, such as vitamins, herbs, etc, if they were made in China. I say that as a person who has LIVED in China too!

@Anonymous

I bought Spring Valley Valerian Root from Walmart. It does not contain Valerian Root at all.

Who can test it's contents for me?

I want to know what I ingested. These fake companies cannot be poisoning consumers and get away with it.

I have been taking Spring Valley Vitamins (Acai, super B com, cranberry, Vit D, Bolton, DHEA, Oil of evening prim, E, Fish oil, Turmeric blend and more) all bought from Walmart, for two years felling very sick. Stopped taking them and I am doing much better.

@Rita Lewis

Why did it take you 2 years to stop taking them if they made you feel sick?

Walmart Vitamin E now made in China...will not buy in future. In fact we do not buy anything of theirs made in China, but definitely not our Vitamins. Such a great disappointment..what happened to MADE IN THE USA?

attcustomer

To: ANONYMOUS EAGAN, MINNESOTA, UNITED STATES #1321512 from the Original Poster: I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear in my original review. Since Spring Valley Products are a "Made for Walmart" brand and distributed by Walmart, the toll-free number on the bottle IS a Walmart phone number.

I DID speak to a representative of Walmart when I called the toll-free number to report the problem with the product.

My first choice of action was to call Walmart to report the change in the Evening Primrose Oil product, hoping to save others from getting the inferior product in case it was a "bad batch." However, since Walmart did not send the promised Walmart gift card, I assumed the problem was never truly reported to them, and at that point, I felt my only recourse was to take the product back to the store and get my money back.

Yes, I got my money back but I sincerely doubt the batch was tested for purity or other problems.

And I learned a lesson by speaking to the Walmart employee (when I called the toll-free number), that you can't believe what is printed on the labels. At least, not on the Spring Valley supplement labels, since I was told (by the Walmart employee) to disregard what the labels say, and call Walmart if I want to know the "true" origin on any products.

I hope you will re-read my original review, now that you know that I was indeed dealing with Walmart, and tell me, wouldn't you "blame Walmart?"

How is that Walmart's fault? If he called the number on the bottle, he was not dealing with Walmart.

But he did take the product back to Walmart and got a refund.

So... why blame Walmart?

@Anonymous

Because Walmart made the decision to stock this subpar line of products and offer it their customers for purchase!

@Anonymous

Because Walmart is the one SELLING the product- ding *** Regardless WHERE it was manufactured....Walmart became THE RESPONSIBLE PARTY when they CHOSE to distribute it and make a profit!