Layout of Store

I bought a gift card for my daughter online to be sent to her address at college. By the delivery date, she had still not received it.

I contacted walmart, after digging through several web pages to find a phone number, and they proceeded to tell me, the card had a zero balance, meaning someone had stolen it, and it was my loss, they would not replace or refund it.

What kind of policy is that??? It was hard enough for me to come up with the $50 for the card, and my daughter needed it.

F*** Walmart. They destroy the very people they depend on to operate by the way they treat consumers and shut down small businesses.

Review about: Walmart Gift Card.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

As for gift cards.. Most people who use them, leave small balances on them, say .23cents, or something like that.

Can you imagine how much money eventually makes it back to the sellers of gift cards, in the end?

Who ever thought of issuing all that plastic to people, was a financial genius! Just image how much money is to be made by the the owner of the company using gift cards as a sort of second currency!

My mom insisted on doing that, when I was in college. Gift cards...

The bane of a shopper. It's like money, but not! Never know if it is going to work, after all the shopping you do, and stand in line embarrassed when it does not! I finally trained my ma, to use paypal, and send me money for free to my account, where I could use my paypal debit card.

She opened up a little eBay store, and made money in the process, selling all the junk from the house. A win-win situation for both of us!

Mike_mn

Wow. At first I would think a roommate woudl have stolen it since mailboxes are usually shared.

In any event, tour blaming WM!!!

Now that she's confesed, you have two issues. (1) your felling of entiltlement, (2) your daughter lying to you for money!

MattD78
Orlando, Florida, United States #863805

No company would replace a gift card in this situation. Every single company gift card clearly states "Cannot be replaced if lost or stolen". Yeah it sucks it happened to you and your daughter, but no company will replace a stolen gift card.

to MattD78 #863961

I was just told from my daughter that she did receive the card but she spent it. She confessed that she lied about not receiving the card in hopes that she would get another $50 card from me because she needed the money.

to Anonymous #864774

Matt was right - but I got to give it to you that you were big to follow-up...and by the way, that is exactly why they won't replace it as there is virtually no way to trace it - they are like cash.

Sorry about how it all worked out - but it was refreshing to see someone actually let us know the real outcome.

MattD78