Los Angeles, California
5.5K views 182 comments

I DON'T recommend Straight Talk Wireless Plans sold in Walmart.

I made the mistake of getting it before New Year's.

They they transfer my phone # from my old carrier right away but failed to activate my phone until 5 days later. I was unable to call family for New Year's, lost business for 5 days and was extremely frustrated. I decided to find a more reputable company and when I tried to transfer the phone back, they held it hostage and wouldn't release it. IT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE!!!

Never again. Don't use it!You will regret it.

Their service is the worst.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Andrea

Well I have had my str8talk phone for almost 3 1/2 years now and I have had only one problem.When I upgraded to a new one it would not activate for some reason so I had to wait for them to send me an envelope send it back and THEN they sent me another one.

As for the service except this one incident in these 3 1/2 years I have not had any problems with my phone or service. I have traveled to Tennessee Georgia and North Caralina and it works just fine! And the cost for everything unlimted for $45 plus tax works for me!

My girlfirend and stepson has one as well and they love it!You can bash str8talk all you want but we as a family do indeed love it!!

Oblivion

It is not unlimited everything.Read the terms of agreement.

They can cancel your service for any reason at any time. It says if you are using to much data they will shut you down. How can you legally sell a product that states unlimited use when it is a lie. I too got a message from them that said stop using data or my service will be cancelled.

All I was doing was watching netflix movies. I was told unlimited data.

I should be able to watch netflix 24/7 if I want to.Call your States Attorney Generals offices and complain.

What a waste of money

Stay away from straight talk. Complete RIP-OFF!

Phones are trash and so is the service. Only works in cities as soon as you leave the city and go into a rural area it says no service!!!

paul

absolutely the worst cell phone company and operators in the history of humankind!!!!!absolutely no service on 411 and 611, only abusively ignorant operators who waste your time while they ask for the answer, and come back to you with next nothing,always little or no service and lots of time wasted getting nothing, paul ps... it's u.s. cellular

Coleman

Have had my Straight Talk plan for almost a year now on my second (and better) phone, didn't even need to buy a new phone but I've only had to deal with customer service once and have rooted my droid with the unlimited plan. Didn't have to transfer numbers though, but still glad I don't have a contract.

straight talk is garbage

If you want to hate straight talk, just try it. Better yet, just throw your money in the toilet and treat yourself like dirt. It will be the same experience.

Sven
#422050

I switched to Straight Talk two months ago.

They transferred my phone number from Verizon, but dropped it after the first month forceing me to use a new phone number.

Now on the second month they have done the same thing. I now have a third phone number and they deactivated my phone claiming I need a new sercive pin one day after I submitted one.

Upset Vermonter
#420752

Ya they suck!

I was going to use Straight Talk....

they sent me the wrong phone 4 times!I'm going on a month with NO phone.

anonymous

I like the straight talk unlimited plan, but just got voicemail saying I'm using my phone too much??? And if I don't stop using it they will deactivate it!

Lola

Wanted to add that I ported my number from Sprint and the port was complete with no problems in about 3 hours. Didn't have to call in or anything.