Was "window shopping" online and found a LED TV that did what I needed so I ordered it on WALMART.COM and selected the "pick up in store" because a store next to me had the inventory - great I could get my new TV in the morning.
When I got to the store I was informed that WALMART.COM had cancelled and refunded my order because of inventory discrepancy - fine, would have been nice if I had known that before driving 1/2 hour, but fine, grabbed my phone and found 3 other locations that have inventory availability. Drove to them and on the 3rd one found one that had associates who were willing to actually look for the product "in the back" - - guess I picked the week when they were redoing their LED display wall so no one really knew where items were at the moment.
An associate came up with my model on a cart (I had shown them the WALMART.COM site so we could confirm model numbers), I finished some other shopping and checked out.
Now, granted I should have read down, line by line, the entire length of my receipt, but I was in a rush to get home. Later that night I did, and discovered I was charged 80.00 more than the price listed on line.
When I came back to the store the next day the customer service associate, her immediate supervisor, and eventually the assistant store manager were all just annoyed that I couldn't take "NO" for an answer when they explained:
1) prices displayed on line should never be taken as prices for things AT walmart retail locations
2) the ".com" is a separate company ( guess that shares trucks, associates, logos, and corporate governance) and WALMART retail refuses to price match to itself - I'm still scratching my head on that one
3) I should have known the prices were different
4) If I don't like it I'm free to return the TV I have for a refund and re-order from WALMART.COM (which of course will be stocked out of the back room of the store I was just at)
5) and by the looks on all their faces it was "please go away now"
SO - word to the wise - don't believe anything you're presented on WALMART.COM . . just save yourself time and shop AMAZON if you're online or go to some other big box if you're not - there are plenty others to choose from that actually want to be straight with their customers.