MY WIFE AND I SHOPPED FOR GROCERIES AT THE RHINELANDER WALMART TODAY...HOPEFULLY FOR THE LAST TIME! THE IDIOT MANAGEMENT HAS DECIDED THE CUSTOMERS MUST DO THEIR OWN CHECKOUT OR WAIT IN RIDICULOUSLY LONG LINES IF...THAT IS A VERY BIG IF...

ANY REGULAR CHECKOUT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AND THE 20 OR UNDER CHECKOUTS HAVE NOT BEEN IN USE FOR PAST 2-3 MONTHS. TODAY WHEN WE GOT TO THE DO-IT YOURSELF CHECKOUT AREA WE WERE THE 5TH CART WAITING IN LINE FOR THE 7 WORKING SELF-SERVE CHECK OUTS. TWO EMPLOYEES WERE BUSY HELPING FRUSTRATED CUSTOMERS, ANOTHER EMPLOYEE WAS HERDING THE SUCKERS INTO THE WAITING LINE. WHILE WAITING I HEARD THE 'HERDER' EMPLOYEE TELL A LADY SHE COULDN'T USE ONE OF THE WORKING CHECKOUTS BECAUSE IT ONLY ACCEPTED 'WALMART PAY' OR CASH.

WHAT A STUPID POLICY. AT THAT POINT I WAS SO MAD I WOULD HAVE JUST LET OUR CART IF MY WIFE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ALONG.

WE DID THE DO-IT YOURSELF CHECKOUT, HAD TO CALL THE ONE EMPLOYEE AVAILABLE TO OVERRIDE A COMPUTER MISTAKE. SHE SENSED MY FRUSTRATION AND SAID "I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR BEING MAD, I'M JUST WAITING TO GET THE *** OUT OF HERE MYSELF".

I JUST GOT DONE SWITCHING OUR PRESCRIPTIONS TO SHOPKO PHARMACY.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Until people start going elsewhere, Walmart will not change. Not seeming likely.

My local Walmart also does this, and more than 1 employee who I'm friendly with has told me the manager that does scheduling limits the amount of actual cashiers in order to save money on labor in an attempt to make themselves look good to their superiors.They're going after that bonus for coming in under budget on labor.

They also have the nerve to tell you the self serve checkouts are for only a few items, not a cart full of groceries. Walmart obviously doesn't want people doing their weekly grocery shopping in their store.