I had a cold with chest congestion and went to the pharmacy counter to get something with decongestant in it. I waited in line and told the cashier what I wanted.

She told me I had to have a consult with the pharmacist. I waited in line to see the pharmacist who then asked me a bunch of questions. She told me that based on my answers she would be unable to sell me anything. She told me I could get something off the shelves.

I told her that I had been taking that an it wasn't breaking up the congestion. She still told me she couldn't sell me anything. I went back to finish up my grocery shopping and thought I should be able to buy this. I have a valid driver's license and am allowed to purchase a certain amount of this stuff in a certain timeframe.

Since I had not purchased any in well over a year, I was certain I fell within this limit. I went back up to the cashier and explained all this to her. The cashier told me it had nothing to do with that and that it was up the pharmist's discretion.

She then stated, "you know, we do have a *** problem in this city."

I left, went to Walgreens, walked up to the counter , and told them what I wanted. I was asked to show my ID and allowed to make the purchase without the third degree from the pharmacist or a lecture on the *** problem.

Review about: Walmart Pharmacist.

Preferred solution: change the policy to follow state laws.

I didn't like: Pharmacy.

Comments

h.kitchener

You failed to tell us what drug you were attempting to buy.