2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Dec 04, 2017

I had sent an email to corporate Walmart the same day all of them went down. November 28th they responded...

spoiler alert, I was ignored and there is no change to the situation. At this point I am now going to contact the bank, Synchrony Bank. Also... They sent me two credit cards with two different numbers!!!!

.... what is this doing to my credit?! I don't need two Walmart credit cards!!!! Where is my $35.00 gift card that they made a note to send me???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still missed out on the cyber Monday sales!!!!!!!!!! Question Reference # 171127-000237 Subject Corporate Feedback Form Submission Response By Email (11/28/2017 10:39 AM) Dear Alice, Thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you require information regarding your Walmart Credit Card please contact the Walmart Credit Card customer service line at 877-294-7880. Sincerely, Walmart Customer Care I responded: I did.

This is how that went: I called the credit help number. She had me sign out from Walmart. Close my internet window. Remove my credit card numbers, because I should have had a prompt for the temporary credit card as a payment option.

No option there. Then she said I might just have to wait until my card comes in the mail and that there is nothing she can do for me. I asked what about Cyber Monday deals? She said there was nothing that could be done.

I asked about saving $35 on my order. She said there was nothing they could do about that. That she could leave a note and that I MIGHT be sent a $35.00 coupon in the mail, but it is going to take a few billing cycles.... 3 or more months to receive a coupon in the mail?

Everyone is just passing me off and I am not receiving any customer support. Is this acceptable customer service? Did you know that every time you sign up for a credit card you make a commitment? That you credit score is taken down by a few points just to make the submission?

And when you have to cancel a card, that takes down your credit score as well? This is not helping the customer or the bank or your establishment. How am I expected to keep a card that I don't feel safe keeping in my name due to the poor customer service and untimely unresolved technical glitches? To me this is just a prelude to further glitches and poor customer service with no assurance of ever being helped.

If I continue to be ignored by Walmart, I will contact Synchrony Bank directly. I have been documenting my entire negative experience down to the detail.

Original review posted by user Nov 27, 2017

I planed this out to work on a specific day. I signed up for the Walmart credit card to save $35.00 off my purchase on Cyber Monday.

I print screened my temporary credit card info so that I knew my temporary credit card information. There was no given temporary pin. In order to check out my order, the website requires that I have a pin. In order to save my $35.00 I need to complete this order today, as the agreement stats.

In my email, Walmart's Credit Card Website, from synchrony bank, sent me a link for a 'temporary shopping pass'. I click on it and I am sent to this page https://apply.syf.com/eapply/eapply.action?clientCode=WALMART&tempPassId=1511777538382 Where I enter the last 4 digits of my SS# Last name, and zip code, and then I am given this message "The temporary shopping pass cannot be retrieved Please return to the previous page to review your information for accuracy and resubmit. If you are still having problems, please contact customer service at Walmart Credit Card: 1.877.294.7880 Walmart Mastercard: 1.866.611.1148." It kept giving me site errors. If I click on more information I get "This page can not be found".

I called up the customer service credit card number. The automated bot did not recognize the last four digits of my social security number. Not sure why this wasn't going through. It recognized my card number.

It then told me my statement, and then it told me to hang up and say good bye. Then I kept saying operator. Then it said "I understand that you want to speak to a human, but it could help if you could explain first why you want to speak to someone." I was trying to, the bot could not understand, over and over again, it asked me the same question. Finally I just started repeating the word "operator" until it relented.

I was switched over and told I would be taking a survey that the operater would not know about after the call..................... So I find a way to speak to a chat agent on the wallmart website, which was difficult to locate. He tells me that the whole process should be automatic when ordering with my Walmart Credit card. That when I check out it will automatically charge my card without me having to type in anything.

But I told him that doesn't happen, that it asks for a form of payment, the only option I see that makes sense is credit, and the to enter a credit card number, then expiration date, and then a pin. I was not given a pin. He said that I would need to call the Walmart Credit Card number for assistance. This is extremely frustrating....

cyber Monday is now. I had a terrible run around with that automated bot that he wanted me to talk to again. Next day: I woke up an called the credit card assistance number, which I was having difficult locating on the website so I just looked through called numbers in my phone. I got the arguementative bot again that kept wanting to waste my time and ask me the same questions over and over again, insisiting that I answer it.

After saying the word opperator 20 times, I was sent to a human.... who could not help me. She had me sign out from Walmart. Close my internet window.

Remove my credit card numbers, because I should have had a prompt for the temporary credit card as a payment option. No option there. Then she said I might just have to wait until my card comes in the mail. I asked what about Cyber Monday deals?

She said there was nothing that could be done. I asked about saving $35 on my order. She said there was nothing they could do about that. That she could leave a note and that I might be sent a $35.00 coupon in the mail, but it is going to take a few billing cycles....

3 or more months to receive a coupon in the mail? This so called customer service is appalling and insulting to my intelligence!!! I'm supposed to be OK with this experience? Now that I have removed my credit card information from the website, I don't ever think that I will make a purchase with Walmart ever again.

I am going to have to cancel this scamy credit card the moment it arrives, and then check in several times to make sure that it is canceled. Anyone who has ever 'left a note' for someone to do something, has never gotten done from my experience.

Review about: Walmart Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Whole experience.

Comments