Tyler, TX 75704, USA
2.4

Its sad when you buy 12 $50 gift cards for $600 from walmart for Christmas and 9 of them have a $0 balance on them. You go to Walmart and they tell you there is nothing they can do.

Then they say go file a police report. As far as I see it, that is theft of goods by Walmart because we paid them money for something we bought and they did not give us what we purchased in return.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Gift Card.

Comments

Ain't nobody pay attention to the news no more.

My employer gifted me with two $500 Walmart gift cards. I used $237.12 on one card just prior to Thanksgiving.

A few weeks later when I was Christmas shopping I presented the same card to the Walmart cashier and was informed there was no money left on it or my other card. Walmart investigated and found the card numbers were used at 2 Walmart locations in Ohio (I live in Arizona). I was also informed to file police report and was told by the Walmart store manager and their Market Manager they would not refund my money.

I am out $762.88. In their email to me informing me of their action (or inaction) they had the gall to wish me a Merry Christmas.