3.3K views

I bought two boxes of diabetic test strips. When I got home I realized I had bought the wrong kind. I did not open the packages,but I did go back to WalMart to exchange them. They refused to exchange them. They gave me some *** reason that had to do with the product having to do with bodily floods. If I had opened the package I could have understood this line of reasoning. I did not open them. I wound up having to buy a new machine for testing, but I sure did not buy it from Walmart. In fact I have moved all my prescriptions to a pharmacy at a different store.

This wa my last visit to this *** store. I will pay twice as much at another store to insure that I will never go to walmart again.

Comments

Same thing happened to me. I was a nurse for forty years and never heard of that.

It's a sealed paper box with plastic in it! They claimed it was federal law.

Sounds bogus. Does anyone know!?

to Carl Matheny #1489978

How do they know it was unopened? Anyone can take a little glue and re-seal a box to make it look un-opened.

Who knows how the product was stored?

Was it left in a car in the hot sun for a number of days? I wouldn't want to purchase food or medications from a store that would take products back.

I tried to return an unopened monitor and they told me Federal law says "anything with blood can not be returned". I am baffled... I thought blood was transferred by the actual bodily fluid in opened environment.

ransom

Would you be happy to buy test strips that you knew someone returned? Not likely.

It's really just common sense.

I don't see any signs that I can't *** on the floor either.

Ridiculous and unreasonable. This is the kind of sorry customer that is attracted to Wal Mart for some reason.

to ransom #1389208

Actually anything returned to Walmart is almost always sent back to the manufacturer. So no one would actually be buying them.

“BODILY FLOODS??” How disgusting!

Anyway ... test strips are never returnable.

How is Wal-Mart to know that you properly handled and stored them before the attempted return? For all they know, you could’ve left them in a hot car for 2 days, which would produce inaccurate blood sugar results if used for testing.

Sorry - no returns, no exceptions.

Yes, there needs to be a sign, label on the products, or people who work at the pharmacy need to be clear on the no refund policy. It isn't common knowledge that these products cannot be returned.

In fact, I've had a pharmacy technician behind the counter tell me I can return strips and lancets as long as I had a receipt. So unfortunately, sometimes they don't even know the rules.

Can't blame customers for not being properly informed, or even misinformed. Customers make purchases from big retailers in good faith.

If the employees or the store didn't make clear the no refund exception on these products, I think the store should be responsible for the cost. It was the store's mistake, not the customer's.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1266683

Anyone claiming policy has obviously never worked at walmart...they ignore policy whenever it suits them. They are notorious for it.

They'll take back Target brand items half used if you are enough of an *** about it. (my first weekend working there.)

Decatur, Alabama, United States #1259784

Well that's just silly. It's clearly stated in the return policy that all diabetic supplies can not be returned.

It's for safety {{Redacted}}. Maybe you should check your stuff before purchase there was nothing the Walmart employees could do because its policy. As for you paying more just to not use Walmart is just as dumb.

Just check your {{Redacted}} and quit being such a {{Redacted}} about it. It was your fault not the store.

to Anonymous Jackson, Michigan, United States #1275761

My husband purchased the incorrect test strips as well. I attempted to return THE UNOPENED box and I also had my receipt with me.

They would not accept the return. This is a very unfair Walmart policy!

We will not use Walmart again! Once again Walmart blows!!!!!!

Fishers, Indiana, United States #1219338

No nothing written around the meter of strip box

Normal, Illinois, United States #1218597

There are signs all around the test strips saying the are non-returnable. Plus they inform you again as you are checking out.

Your own fault. Also people reglue packaging shut all the time. But it's because of laws that walmart can't return them.

Or any other store for that matter. You have to contact the manufacturer.

to Anonymous #1385083

No such sign on the test strips and nothing was said to me at the counter upon purchasing. Don't ever assume.

to Anonymous #1520868

Actually no there are no signs that diabetic applies are non refundable and I was not told that by the employee either. But I’m not mad.

It’s not the employees fault. But making sure signs are up would be great.

I had just bought a lancet it was only $6 never been opened clearly a different been used and I had the same excuse couldn't even exchange it for a different one that doesn't make any sense if it is not open and clearly understandably unopened it should be returned or

Bruce007

It does not matter what store you bought the strips at, there are laws in place which they are following. If you did the same thing at another pharmacy at another store than they would tell you the same thing.

Basically you are paying double the price because like someone said they refused to break the law for you. Now if the pharmacist did not know what they were doing and gave you the wrong strips and it was his or her fault than I can side with you. However YOU were in the wrong here, YOU got the wrong strips. The cashier at the pharmacy is not going to risk their job because YOU did not know what you were supposed to get.

The store is not going to risk, being fined, or possibly shut down because of YOUR mistake. Losing you as a customer and following the law and protecting their business is going to cost a lot less than being shut down or fined heavily because they broke the law because YOU did not know what were supposed to get.

to Bruce007 #1353104

Thats weird, because this happened to me as well except my son accidentally picked up the wrong strips which are colored & packaged the exact same for the exception of the different meter names written very small on the box, the cashier didnt say anything about not being able to rewritten or exchange strips once purchased & no theres nothing about no returns in the meter box. Not sure if this is a once in a blue moon situation but this walmart had nothing on this meter box.

And ok maybe it is the law (not everyone knows this obviously or so many people wouldn't be upset about it)especially because while telling me no to a brand new sealed box i paid for 1 day before, the chick next to me was able to return a dirty telephone, no box, nothing. I don't even think it was one walmart sells & they asked NO questions. So law or not, seeing stuff like that would burn anyone up, sorry.

So news flash, here an idea, how about walmart (with all the millions theyre making)& maybe make sure there's signs at the diabetic area large enough so NO ONE could complain they didn't know prior to purchase. Not everyone is "up" on every single law unless your a lawyer & i doubt any of the people complaining are lawyers or else they'd know & not complain= Common sense.

to Anonymous #1596047

I see people returning underwear,and diapers all the time,is be concerned about these items also..

You are basically asking Walmart to break the law by demanding you are allowed to return the strips. If you are not sure what to get with these things go shopping with someone you know. This review should not be directed at Walmart, but the government, or whoever makes the laws where you live.

You're pretty *** aren't you.