Oxford, Mississippi
4.4K views 79 comments

I bought two boxes of diabetic test strips. When I got home I realized I had bought the wrong kind. I did not open the packages,but I did go back to WalMart to exchange them. They refused to exchange them. They gave me some *** reason that had to do with the product having to do with bodily floods. If I had opened the package I could have understood this line of reasoning. I did not open them. I wound up having to buy a new machine for testing, but I sure did not buy it from Walmart. In fact I have moved all my prescriptions to a pharmacy at a different store.

This wa my last visit to this *** store. I will pay twice as much at another store to insure that I will never go to walmart again.

Comments

Just got stuck with a blood glucose meter I don't need as well. Cashed out at the register, realized I didn't need it (didn't even leave the store), got ignored by the staff at the service desk, then told tough *** by the assistant manager.

Just like others have stated, I wasn't told it's non returnable at checkout, and it was not posted in an obvious place within the area it was shelved. It's not up to the customer to read all rules and regulations written in difficult or obscured places - do we need to read *** contracts and small print for Walmart to NOT *** its customers over for honesty?

Same thing just happened to me 8 years later. I was actually buying them for my wife, who didn't describe them very well!!

Lol. Yeah, there's some kind of federal law that Walmart themselves cannot take them back... THEY SHOULD TELL YOU THAT WHEN YOU BUY THEM! Period.

I actually bought them while picking up a prescription, so I bought them directly from the pharmacy, not the general checkout. Well, in my case I can give them to my brother in law, or I can call the 800 number on the box to get a refund.

BUT THEY SHOULD TELL YOU YOU CANNOT RETURN THEM. I certainly would not have bought them had I known that.

I actually understand why they couldn't. People tamper with things and could close it back to make it look like it wasn't opened.

It's the same thing with people retuning food after leaving a fast food place. They can't take the food back in case it's been tampered with and could hurt someone else.

Can't be too safe. I think they were right for not taking it back.

I bought a machine, lancet,and strips for my dad. Not knowing my sister bought one also.

Since she already open the boxes on her purchase I decided to return purchase. Walmart refuse to accept it even though its unopened. I went back to the aisle and nothing stated about it being unreturnable.

I am pissed. $70 down the drain!

I did the same thing and very unsatisfied with Walmart's policy! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Yep just found that out myself yesterday within a day, with receipt unopened...no return or exchange... I call {{Redacted}} !! because I don't really think those type of things they would put back on the shelves anyway...

There's a number on the box where Walmart gives you for questions, comments, and returns! Just read the darn box people instead of complaining and nagging!!!

I had to buy 2 months worth, but my hubby bought the wrong one. I knew they couldn't take back the strips because of the sign above them. So I called the number, and within 7 days I got my money back.

Easy as pie! Read The Box!

She should have called the number in the box and she would have gotten a refund instead of complaining and nagging about it. Plus she should have looked closer at what she was buying.

You sound angry

@Anonymous

How is stating the truth sounding angry?

If they cannot be returned, a sign indicating that should be clearly posted on the shelf. Wal-Mart sucks.

Most people buying this stuff are elderly and on a fixed income. They don't all have computers or smart phones.

@Dwight

There are signs posted in at least three or four places in pharmacies. As well as brochures that we must give to consumers/Patients during each visit in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.

If consumers have questions or concerns about returns they can ask before purchasing, or they can call into the store where we will be happy to help. Unfortunately many companies that have over the counter services cannot due to Federal Law accept returns due to tampering. Even if the consumer has it still in the original bag/packaging.

It is extremely easy nowadays for people to imitate or reseal packages or to break something then try to return it. So for the safety and health of all consumers, OSHA standards typically forbids returns.

@Dwight

There is a number on the box for returns, questions, and comments for customers to call! Just read the box!!

@Dwight

99 percent of the time the sign is posted. Only they don't bother reading the sign.

Same thing happened to me. I was a nurse for forty years and never heard of that.

It's a sealed paper box with plastic in it! They claimed it was federal law.

Sounds bogus. Does anyone know!?

@Carl Matheny

How do they know it was unopened? Anyone can take a little glue and re-seal a box to make it look un-opened.

Who knows how the product was stored?

Was it left in a car in the hot sun for a number of days? I wouldn't want to purchase food or medications from a store that would take products back.

@Anonymous

If they're worried, they don't have to restock it. If it doesn't clearly state in a return policy that a certain item can NOT be returned, any company should honor the return.

If you don't want to take the loss, you should have it clearly outlined in the return policy. Stop making excuses.

@Bob

99 percent of the time it is outlined in the policy. People just make excuses because they did not read.

@Carl Matheny

It is real. Due to drug swapping, and equipment tampering it is USA Federal/HIPPA/ OSHA law for pharmacies not to accept returns.

@Carl Matheny

If you really were a nurse you would know it is federal law.