Oxford, Mississippi
4.1K views

I bought two boxes of diabetic test strips. When I got home I realized I had bought the wrong kind. I did not open the packages,but I did go back to WalMart to exchange them. They refused to exchange them. They gave me some *** reason that had to do with the product having to do with bodily floods. If I had opened the package I could have understood this line of reasoning. I did not open them. I wound up having to buy a new machine for testing, but I sure did not buy it from Walmart. In fact I have moved all my prescriptions to a pharmacy at a different store.

This wa my last visit to this *** store. I will pay twice as much at another store to insure that I will never go to walmart again.

Comments

Yep just found that out myself yesterday within a day, with receipt unopened...no return or exchange... I call {{Redacted}} !! because I don't really think those type of things they would put back on the shelves anyway...

There's a number on the box where Walmart gives you for questions, comments, and returns! Just read the darn box people instead of complaining and nagging!!!

I had to buy 2 months worth, but my hubby bought the wrong one. I knew they couldn't take back the strips because of the sign above them. So I called the number, and within 7 days I got my money back.

Easy as pie! Read The Box!

She should have called the number in the box and she would have gotten a refund instead of complaining and nagging about it. Plus she should have looked closer at what she was buying.

You sound angry

@Anonymous

How is stating the truth sounding angry?

If they cannot be returned, a sign indicating that should be clearly posted on the shelf. Wal-Mart sucks.

Most people buying this stuff are elderly and on a fixed income. They don't all have computers or smart phones.

@Dwight

There are signs posted in at least three or four places in pharmacies. As well as brochures that we must give to consumers/Patients during each visit in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.

If consumers have questions or concerns about returns they can ask before purchasing, or they can call into the store where we will be happy to help. Unfortunately many companies that have over the counter services cannot due to Federal Law accept returns due to tampering. Even if the consumer has it still in the original bag/packaging.

It is extremely easy nowadays for people to imitate or reseal packages or to break something then try to return it. So for the safety and health of all consumers, OSHA standards typically forbids returns.

@Dwight

There is a number on the box for returns, questions, and comments for customers to call! Just read the box!!

@Dwight

99 percent of the time the sign is posted. Only they don't bother reading the sign.

Same thing happened to me. I was a nurse for forty years and never heard of that.

It's a sealed paper box with plastic in it! They claimed it was federal law.

Sounds bogus. Does anyone know!?

@Carl Matheny

How do they know it was unopened? Anyone can take a little glue and re-seal a box to make it look un-opened.

Who knows how the product was stored?

Was it left in a car in the hot sun for a number of days? I wouldn't want to purchase food or medications from a store that would take products back.

@Anonymous

If they're worried, they don't have to restock it. If it doesn't clearly state in a return policy that a certain item can NOT be returned, any company should honor the return.

If you don't want to take the loss, you should have it clearly outlined in the return policy. Stop making excuses.

@Bob

99 percent of the time it is outlined in the policy. People just make excuses because they did not read.

@Carl Matheny

It is real. Due to drug swapping, and equipment tampering it is USA Federal/HIPPA/ OSHA law for pharmacies not to accept returns.

@Carl Matheny

If you really were a nurse you would know it is federal law.

I tried to return an unopened monitor and they told me Federal law says "anything with blood can not be returned". I am baffled... I thought blood was transferred by the actual bodily fluid in opened environment.

ransom

Would you be happy to buy test strips that you knew someone returned? Not likely.

It's really just common sense.

I don't see any signs that I can't *** on the floor either.

Ridiculous and unreasonable. This is the kind of sorry customer that is attracted to Wal Mart for some reason.

@ransom

Actually anything returned to Walmart is almost always sent back to the manufacturer. So no one would actually be buying them.

“BODILY FLOODS??” How disgusting!

Anyway ... test strips are never returnable.

How is Wal-Mart to know that you properly handled and stored them before the attempted return? For all they know, you could’ve left them in a hot car for 2 days, which would produce inaccurate blood sugar results if used for testing.

Sorry - no returns, no exceptions.

@Anonymous

They will let you return food items though, what's the difference? Who's to say you didn't open up a loaf of bread and rub it on your *** then return it?