3.7K views

I bought two boxes of diabetic test strips. When I got home I realized I had bought the wrong kind. I did not open the packages,but I did go back to WalMart to exchange them. They refused to exchange them. They gave me some *** reason that had to do with the product having to do with bodily floods. If I had opened the package I could have understood this line of reasoning. I did not open them. I wound up having to buy a new machine for testing, but I sure did not buy it from Walmart. In fact I have moved all my prescriptions to a pharmacy at a different store.

This wa my last visit to this *** store. I will pay twice as much at another store to insure that I will never go to walmart again.

Comments

If they cannot be returned, a sign indicating that should be clearly posted on the shelf. Wal-Mart sucks.

Most people buying this stuff are elderly and on a fixed income. They don't all have computers or smart phones.

to Dwight #1640815

There are signs posted in at least three or four places in pharmacies. As well as brochures that we must give to consumers/Patients during each visit in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.

If consumers have questions or concerns about returns they can ask before purchasing, or they can call into the store where we will be happy to help. Unfortunately many companies that have over the counter services cannot due to Federal Law accept returns due to tampering. Even if the consumer has it still in the original bag/packaging.

It is extremely easy nowadays for people to imitate or reseal packages or to break something then try to return it. So for the safety and health of all consumers, OSHA standards typically forbids returns.

Same thing happened to me. I was a nurse for forty years and never heard of that.

It's a sealed paper box with plastic in it! They claimed it was federal law.

Sounds bogus. Does anyone know!?

to Carl Matheny #1489978

How do they know it was unopened? Anyone can take a little glue and re-seal a box to make it look un-opened.

Who knows how the product was stored?

Was it left in a car in the hot sun for a number of days? I wouldn't want to purchase food or medications from a store that would take products back.

to Anonymous #1643352

If they're worried, they don't have to restock it. If it doesn't clearly state in a return policy that a certain item can NOT be returned, any company should honor the return.

If you don't want to take the loss, you should have it clearly outlined in the return policy. Stop making excuses.

to Carl Matheny #1640811

It is real. Due to drug swapping, and equipment tampering it is USA Federal/HIPPA/ OSHA law for pharmacies not to accept returns.

I tried to return an unopened monitor and they told me Federal law says "anything with blood can not be returned". I am baffled... I thought blood was transferred by the actual bodily fluid in opened environment.

ransom

Would you be happy to buy test strips that you knew someone returned? Not likely.

It's really just common sense.

I don't see any signs that I can't *** on the floor either.

Ridiculous and unreasonable. This is the kind of sorry customer that is attracted to Wal Mart for some reason.

to ransom #1389208

Actually anything returned to Walmart is almost always sent back to the manufacturer. So no one would actually be buying them.

“BODILY FLOODS??” How disgusting!

Anyway ... test strips are never returnable.

How is Wal-Mart to know that you properly handled and stored them before the attempted return? For all they know, you could’ve left them in a hot car for 2 days, which would produce inaccurate blood sugar results if used for testing.

Sorry - no returns, no exceptions.

Yes, there needs to be a sign, label on the products, or people who work at the pharmacy need to be clear on the no refund policy. It isn't common knowledge that these products cannot be returned.

In fact, I've had a pharmacy technician behind the counter tell me I can return strips and lancets as long as I had a receipt. So unfortunately, sometimes they don't even know the rules.

Can't blame customers for not being properly informed, or even misinformed. Customers make purchases from big retailers in good faith.

If the employees or the store didn't make clear the no refund exception on these products, I think the store should be responsible for the cost. It was the store's mistake, not the customer's.

to Veritas #1603765

You could always look at the website for returns https://corporate.walmart.com/policies where it says the return policy before you buy an item. Also you could always refer to the matt at the return desk where it states the policy.

People just tend to be lazy.

You can do your own research! NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE HANDED TO YOU!

to Anonymous #1643354

It's not always a matter of being lazy. Stores tend to put out a lot of bad information.

I had a similar situation as the OP, where I tried to return something that NOwhere in the store, or on Wal-Mart return page, did it say I could not return an item, yet when I got to the store they would not return it. It's pretty clear by your post you must work at one of these sketchy stores. Stop making excuses and blaming consumers and just honor your return policy.

If you dont want to eat the cost of an item being returned, make it clear in your policy. Simple.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1266683

Anyone claiming policy has obviously never worked at walmart...they ignore policy whenever it suits them. They are notorious for it.

They'll take back Target brand items half used if you are enough of an *** about it. (my first weekend working there.)

Decatur, Alabama, United States #1259784

Well that's just silly. It's clearly stated in the return policy that all diabetic supplies can not be returned.

It's for safety {{Redacted}}. Maybe you should check your stuff before purchase there was nothing the Walmart employees could do because its policy. As for you paying more just to not use Walmart is just as dumb.

Just check your {{Redacted}} and quit being such a {{Redacted}} about it. It was your fault not the store.

to Anonymous Jackson, Michigan, United States #1275761

My husband purchased the incorrect test strips as well. I attempted to return THE UNOPENED box and I also had my receipt with me.

They would not accept the return. This is a very unfair Walmart policy!

We will not use Walmart again! Once again Walmart blows!!!!!!

Fishers, Indiana, United States #1219338

No nothing written around the meter of strip box

Normal, Illinois, United States #1218597

There are signs all around the test strips saying the are non-returnable. Plus they inform you again as you are checking out.

Your own fault. Also people reglue packaging shut all the time. But it's because of laws that walmart can't return them.

Or any other store for that matter. You have to contact the manufacturer.

to Anonymous #1385083

No such sign on the test strips and nothing was said to me at the counter upon purchasing. Don't ever assume.

to Anonymous #1520868

Actually no there are no signs that diabetic applies are non refundable and I was not told that by the employee either. But I’m not mad.

It’s not the employees fault. But making sure signs are up would be great.