3.7K views

I bought two boxes of diabetic test strips. When I got home I realized I had bought the wrong kind. I did not open the packages,but I did go back to WalMart to exchange them. They refused to exchange them. They gave me some *** reason that had to do with the product having to do with bodily floods. If I had opened the package I could have understood this line of reasoning. I did not open them. I wound up having to buy a new machine for testing, but I sure did not buy it from Walmart. In fact I have moved all my prescriptions to a pharmacy at a different store.

This wa my last visit to this *** store. I will pay twice as much at another store to insure that I will never go to walmart again.

Comments

I had just bought a lancet it was only $6 never been opened clearly a different been used and I had the same excuse couldn't even exchange it for a different one that doesn't make any sense if it is not open and clearly understandably unopened it should be returned or

Bruce007

It does not matter what store you bought the strips at, there are laws in place which they are following. If you did the same thing at another pharmacy at another store than they would tell you the same thing.

Basically you are paying double the price because like someone said they refused to break the law for you. Now if the pharmacist did not know what they were doing and gave you the wrong strips and it was his or her fault than I can side with you. However YOU were in the wrong here, YOU got the wrong strips. The cashier at the pharmacy is not going to risk their job because YOU did not know what you were supposed to get.

The store is not going to risk, being fined, or possibly shut down because of YOUR mistake. Losing you as a customer and following the law and protecting their business is going to cost a lot less than being shut down or fined heavily because they broke the law because YOU did not know what were supposed to get.

to Bruce007 #1353104

Thats weird, because this happened to me as well except my son accidentally picked up the wrong strips which are colored & packaged the exact same for the exception of the different meter names written very small on the box, the cashier didnt say anything about not being able to rewritten or exchange strips once purchased & no theres nothing about no returns in the meter box. Not sure if this is a once in a blue moon situation but this walmart had nothing on this meter box.

And ok maybe it is the law (not everyone knows this obviously or so many people wouldn't be upset about it)especially because while telling me no to a brand new sealed box i paid for 1 day before, the chick next to me was able to return a dirty telephone, no box, nothing. I don't even think it was one walmart sells & they asked NO questions. So law or not, seeing stuff like that would burn anyone up, sorry.

So news flash, here an idea, how about walmart (with all the millions theyre making)& maybe make sure there's signs at the diabetic area large enough so NO ONE could complain they didn't know prior to purchase. Not everyone is "up" on every single law unless your a lawyer & i doubt any of the people complaining are lawyers or else they'd know & not complain= Common sense.

to Anonymous #1596047

I see people returning underwear,and diapers all the time,is be concerned about these items also..

to Anonymous #1637795

cvs has the same policy. they told me once we leave the store with the product I own it!

to Anonymous #1603772

Walmart doesn't control what is on the packaging! anyone who thinks this is foolish.

The manufacturer states the information on the packaging. Walmart has no control over that.

You are basically asking Walmart to break the law by demanding you are allowed to return the strips. If you are not sure what to get with these things go shopping with someone you know. This review should not be directed at Walmart, but the government, or whoever makes the laws where you live.

You're pretty *** aren't you.

I went to walmart yesterday & purchased some test strips with some other prescriptions. When I saw I was charged full price, I question them.

I was told to go to another counter & talk to a consultant. The consultant said she couldn't find an active prescription. I said I'd return them until the prescription was settled out. She told me I couldn't return them because of state law.

I'm not a six year old and think this is abuse of the law. I was still at the pharmacy and was questioning the purchase I just made.

We had the same problem at Wal-mart in Dickson, Tn. Why aren't these supplies put behind the drug counter and customers asking for them?

I took my husbands EMPTY container to my Walmart & the clerk BEHIND counter was the one that sold me the WRONG strips & they still wouldn't take them back!

MattD78
Orlando, Florida, United States #885469

"Diabetic supplies cannot be returned. All sales are final.

Please contact the manufacturer if you have any questions regarding defective items. Check your package for the manufacturer's name and contact information."

It's right there in the Walmart return policy clear as crystal in black and white.

to MattD78 #885555

You cannot blame the OP, the OP is three years old and does not know how to read. Mommy should have read this to her.

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #880978

I'm not sure what you could do to a test strip to make it harmful. You don't ingest or rub on your skin like a medication tampering.

I'm guessing it is aimed more at those who receive free strips by mail and then try to return them. Most laws are made to ensure profit not the safety of the customers.

to achieve94 #885557

Well is the case about those returning free strips than it is to keep the prices for the honest people the same, you are either three years old not to understand this or one of those who return free strips.

The store needs to be shut down for selling the strips to someone who is six years old without an adult present. Next time get mommy to read the package for you to make sure you have the right strips.

That bodily fluid thing is not BS it is the law. They should not break the law just because you do not know how to read. You said you changed pharmacies because of this, do your parents know?

Obhave12753 Yeah this site is pissedconsumer, but when a consumer does not know how to read and expects the company to break the law for them people have every right to tell him to shop with an adult because clearly the person posting this is six years old.

It is him who needs to learn how to read. If he were older and knew how to read this would not have been an issue, perhaps the loser is you because you side with someone who wants a company to break the law because they cannot read.

to Anonymous Benton, Arkansas, United States #897869

Here's a newsflash for you, you condescending *** -- there is NOT a law in place about returning such a product or exchanging it. It is a company policy adopted by Walmart for its own reasons.

Last night, I was caught in the same trap. I am not a 6 year old, you ***, and I can read. I'm ten times that age -- I'm 60 -- but I'm new to the world of glucose testing.

I made a similar mistake. I bought the strips I thought went with my meter because they had the word "Contour" on them.

My error, they were supposed to say "Contour Plus." The UNOPENED package came back to them within 10 MINUTES of purchase, and I wound up literally putting $31 worth of unused, brand new, good-as-the-moment-I-bought-them test strips INTO THE TRASH.

If you can defend that, you're an *** like Walmart because even a SIX YEAR OLD would know better than to throw away something brand new, or force another person to do so over some unspoken fear of loss, liability, or other BS over "bodily fluids" that AREN'T IN THE PICTURE. Back when a local store WAS a local store, they could look you in the eye, read a receipt, know that a product had NOT been opened or used, realize that the product had been sold TEN MINUTES earlier to a loyal customer who was clean cut, obviously NOT a terrorist or scammer, and had made an honest mistake.

Instead, today we have computer systems with pre-programmed "policies" in them by some distant tyrant in the headquarters at Bentonville AR lording over the consumer as well as the associate, who is forced to scan the item and show me the policy on a computer screen -- "NOT RETURNABLE." They know I'm legit, I know I'm not doing anything wrong, and our hands are tied. In the case of this particular lady, who was afraid I was going to yell at her, I'm one of the few who knows how *** it is to hammer down on a Walmart associate, who wants to help me but can't and who is only trying to do her job and do the will of the company.

You need to grow a heart -- and a brain -- and see the real issue here.

It's not childish to want $31 back. I'm pissed too, and Walmart is going to hear it, along with this message. I am also going to buy my test strips elsewhere, if I have to pay extra for them at Walgreens. That alone is going to be $600 less going into their cash registers, and for the sheer symbolism of it, and to bring balance to the table for the $31 loss I endured over this ***, I'm going to boycott the local store temporarily on groceries for one month, bringing another $400 to the table for Kroger instead of Walmart.

I'm not foolish enough to say I'll never go back over a single bottle of test strips. I'm just going to level the playing field and correct the error of this on my own terms, satisfying my sense of fairness. Moving $1000 of my business elsewhere either temporarily or permanently eases my anger over $31, knowing that I took the money back on my terms to other sellers. It's the right thing to do, and gives me a way that satisfies me that they, too lost something over this ***.

Not that they care -- they're like you, condescending and arrogant.

That company rakes in $26,000 per SECOND worldwide. But $1000 of that will be missing now -- on MY terms and MY policy.

to MagicGuy #898053

The cashier could lose her job for this, you want her to lose her job because you are stupi!d and picked up something wrong. Why should someone else be punished for YOUR mistake, grow up.

Maybe the reason people think you are six is because you act that age. Also your $1000 is not per second it is what per month, hardly hurts them, comes up to them losing two cents per second, hardly a threat at all.

to MagicGuy #1075191

People buy test strips on Craig's list all over the US

to MagicGuy Normal, Illinois, United States #1252627

Just saying obviously you can't read cause, with the test strips, practically in neon flashing lights it clearly says they are non-returnable. Should have made sure you bought the right ones the first time.