3.7K views

I bought two boxes of diabetic test strips. When I got home I realized I had bought the wrong kind. I did not open the packages,but I did go back to WalMart to exchange them. They refused to exchange them. They gave me some *** reason that had to do with the product having to do with bodily floods. If I had opened the package I could have understood this line of reasoning. I did not open them. I wound up having to buy a new machine for testing, but I sure did not buy it from Walmart. In fact I have moved all my prescriptions to a pharmacy at a different store.

This wa my last visit to this *** store. I will pay twice as much at another store to insure that I will never go to walmart again.

Comments

Hey guys hate to burst your bubble but blood products are non refundable even if they are unopened due to the protection of other customers. Stop complaining and research what you actually need before buying it's not the stores fault it's yours.

to Sel Benton, Arkansas, United States #897871

Sel, you need an education. Glucose test strips are NOT A BLOOD PRODUCT.

They are pieces of plastic that contain high tech materials designed to work with a blood glucose testing unit designed to come into contact with blood AFTER the consumer *** their own finger with a lancet.

Consumers do the best they can, with lookalike packaging, to "research" what they need but a competitive marketing environment makes this like a maze for some of us to wade through. We're not terrorists looking to poison or harm someone. To say that these are "blood products" that come into contact with bodily fluids is like making the ridiculous argument that TOOTH PASTE is non-returnable because it comes into contact with saliva.

I've researched what I need now, after making a similar mistake that cost me $31 due to this idiotic policy, and I've corrected it. The strips will now be bought from Walgreens, costing Walmart about $600 in annual sales over that $31.

Checkmate, Walmart.

Enjoy your policy. It just cost you.

I had the same experience at a Walmart in Wash, DC when I purchased the wrong glucose strips for my machine. Although, I had opening the box in the store before I left the Pharmacy Dept.

I was told my the Pharmacy Cashier, the Pharacist Manager, the customer cashier , and her manager the strips are non returnable. When I ask the manager why.

She said that federal laws prohibits return on products that comes in conact with human blood or bodily fluids. (Walmart needs to post signs near products that are non returnable, post a sign st the Pharmacy Checkout

to L.H #885314
It says on the cash register when you buy them :) I don't think pharmacies could post all signs for all the laws they have to follow.

The only "***" person is you. YOu should know what you are buying and with things like this they have every right to not allow returns. I take it your blood sugar level was high when you wrote this so that is why you are behaving childish and not realizing that this was due to people's safety.

James Wright is not breaking the law because some *** picked up the wrong package because they don't know how to read.

Frankly they don't need the service of some adult who acts as if she is still eight and throws a temper tantrum when she does not get her way.

They were not rude. Not giving in to an adult throwing a temper tantrum like some third grader is not rude.

to Jedi Knight Ethan Benton, Arkansas, United States #897873

Seems to be a pattern here, of posters like "Jedi" chiding some of us for being childish for wanting to return a perfectly good, new item that was unused. You can bring CHAINSAWS back to Walmart and they can come in contact with bodily fluids too, but you can't return test strips.

Jedi, the one who can't read here is YOU.

to MagicGuy #898045

I think you are the childish one, you make a mistake and did not know what strips to get and you are calling everyone who says something you dislikes childish names. Are you sure you are not mistaking months for years, for example you are 60 months old and not 60 years old.

If you knew how to read you would have read the receipt and saw that you cannot return them. It is you who cannot read because clearly this is printed on the receipt and at the counter. Get someone with glasses if your age is making you blind.

Don't take your anger out on other's because you made the mistake, you act like you are five, six or seven people are going to assume you are that age. If you do not want them to mistake your age than act your age instead of an incompetent child.

This just happened to me to. I was looking for a new meter.

I purchased a freestyle because it said it used less blood. The price on the shelf for the meter and the strips was $17.63. When I checked out, I realized I had been charged over $62 for the strips. I went to customer service ( I had not even left the store) but was told that they would not let me return anything due to some state law that I cannot find anywhere.

So because they have items put in the wrong place( not just one but 3 or 4 of the same item put behind a price- this was not accidently put there by a customer)and the price is listed wrong I am stuck with this huge price. They also have no signs saying that these things are not returniable.

I also will never step foot in a walmart again.

They are just thieves!

to Pat Cole Benton, Arkansas, United States #897875

I'm with you, Pat. There needs to be a sign posted to that effect. Evidently, this is a problem or there wouldn't be so many of us pissed about it.

I'm glad to know that Walmart doesn't take things like that back.

yeah but they should have a sign stating that and have that stated on their return policy sign. They don't have to be rude about it either. I will never spend a dime at Wal-*** again.

Taylorsville, Kentucky, United States #268732

You losers who commented need to learn how to read. This site is called pissedconsumer. Not side with the retailer stfu losers.

I have just returned from shopping at the local super center walmart. After being somewhat frustrated by the items that were not available and told they were on order, (the same old excuse and they never show up) I proceded to the checkout counter, the store was busy and there was 1 (one) cash register open with seventeen customers standing in line.

I looked around and saw several empoyees standing in the center aisle and I assumed one of them must be a manager. I left my basket and went to where they were standing and asked if there was a manager in the bunch. A woman responded with "I be it". I told her the problem and she said she would take care of it.

I returned to the line and after 25 minutes reached the cashier. When I left the store there was still one register open.

Let me emphatically state that this will be the last time I shop at walmart. If your CEO wonders why walmart is losing business, this is one of the many reasons

I don't know...what ever happened to customer service. We treat these corporations as if they're not out to make a buck.

The ethical thing would be to take the product back and throw it away or return it to the manufacturer. Not everything has to go back onto the shelf. For example...if your Jewish or Muslim and you accidentally bought pork and brought it back to the butcher....more often than not the butcher would take back the pork and let you exchange it for beef. Believe it or not....once that meat has left the store....the returned food product would be thrown away.

Again, what ever happened to customer service and why do we care if a multi-billion dollar company takes a $30 loss. @ Obhave..Im glad you didn't purchase the new test strips from Walmart....they dont deserve it

#241986

I have to agree with the other posters. State law forbids taking bacj anything to do with blood.

Remember the Tylenol posoinings a few years back?

They took the Tylenol home, filled them with poison and RESEALED the bottle and box. Sorry, Walmart is right on this one.

to Former employee Benton, Arkansas, United States #897877

No, they are not. And neither are you.

Test strips are pieces of plastic that cannot be altered, poisoned, changed, or used to harm others. No blood is involved until it is drawn from the consumer who bought them, and ONLY after they are inserted into a medical device. Unopened packages are just that -- unopened packages.

The Tylenol scandal was another issue entirely, and ushered in a whole industry of special package sealers and wraps. Like Walmart, you lack the ability to reason something this obvious.

i hate to be the bearer of ad news, but its illegal to return diabetic testing supplies, and walmart has a sign posted saying so. also if you look on the actual box of strips/lancets/device it specifically says 'do not return to your local retailer, please call 1800....... for return service' it might not be exact works but it does say dont return it to the store, so you shouldnt bash walmart because u were not attentive to detail

Good. I'm glad to hear Wal-Mart won't accept those types of items back.

Some people have clever ways of repackaging items to look like they were never opened. Shrink wrap, stickers, etc...it can all be faked.

I'm glad Wal-Mart is looking out for their customers by not accepting an item that could be a bio-hazard.

If you bought what you thought was a new testing machine, only to find out it was used and returned by someone, would you feel the same way? It's a little different when you look at it from the other end.

Sandy Hook, Connecticut, United States #240367

As a fellow diabetic I feel your frustration, but frankly as a diabetic, I'm really glad Wal-Mart followed the law. Even though you state you did not open the boxes and I'm sure you did not.

Just imagine for a minute the overwhelming number of people that have tampered with products with the sole intention of hurting someone else.

At least our pharmacies have some degree of the law to protect consumers. Thank you Wal-Mart!!!!!

to upinarms Benton, Arkansas, United States #897880

It's a sorry state of affairs when arguments in FAVOR of Walmart can be made like yours and others in this posting, who are COMPLETELY MISSING THE POINT. These strips CANNOT be altered in ANY way that would cause harm to others.

They CANNOT be used then returned to a SEALED PACKAGE.

And even sorrier still is that we now live in a world full of so many MANIACS that we have become this paranoid about everything sold over a counter. Frankly, I'm far more concerned about computer hacks who go online from their bedrooms in their underwear, and *** thousands of credit card numbers from Home Depot for profit. I would advocate immediate execution for these cyber terrorists without due process.

Just waste them in their skivvies, take pictures, and put them online for other hacks to see.

But TEST STRIPS for a glucose monitor? Please. I made the same mistake, and it cost me $31.

That is ridiculous, but you go ahead and thank Walmart, upinarms. I will thank Kroger.