2.7
Layout of Store

Today is the last time a Walmart employee is going to stop me to check my receipt to make sure I didn't steal something. I didn't even make it to the door and she stopped me.

I asked why and she said it was because I had unbagged items in the cart. So who bags a 24 count package of bottled water? When I pointed that out, she stood there and took so long checking my receipt I thought she was trying to memorize it. Just then someone else was walking to the door with lots of unbagged soda and I brought them to her attention and got a smart-a** remark from her before she walked over to them.

This has happened before and I tried to shrug it off (they're just doing their job, blah, blah, blah) but I've had it. It's not worth the stress or aggravation.

Kroger and Meijers are now the recipients of my thousands of dollars of shopping money every year. Sorry, Walmart, you lose.

This person wrote the review because of "treating customers like criminals before leaving store" at Walmart. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Walmart to "just stop treating customers like we are all a bunch of thieves".

The most disappointing in user's experience was being treated with no respect. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Target. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Walmart and walmart customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

I got stopped by a Walmart employed because I had a 36 count of bottled of water. Obviously, it was not bagged and the worker said that was why she stopped me.

While the she was checking my receipt for this under $5 worth of water, 2 people with 2 carts full of non-bagged electronics walked right past us and out the door. I pointed this out to the employee and she shrugged her shoulders and walked away.

I walk right by the 85 year old receipt checkers at wal mart and they flip their lids because they weren't told that people would disobey their "authority." Today, I walked by without acknowledging the senior woman because there was a line forming at the exit door and I have better things to do than wait in a second line after I clearly walked through the checkout, the cashier bagged my items, I paid, and I left. Being at hellmart is already miserable enough in my small town.

"SIR!

SIR! STOP!" (she gets her supervisor to shout at me next, and the sheep-like customer that's currently having its receipt examined also joins in and yells at me to stop or else)

"HEY! STOP!"

Me: (turn around and look at them, bags in cart, receipt in hand) "What's the problem?!"

Male supervisor looks at me dumbfounded and says nothing. Probably recognizing that I've been shopping there for longer than he's been employed there.

Me: "I just walked through the checkout line, go look at the video cameras." (I walked to my car and they didn't do anything) I'm tired of this crap from walmart and they can go to ***.

I'll take my business elsewhere and not get harassed every time I buy something!

Why can't I shop in peace without being assumed I am a thief? Not to mention, I've been frequenting this wal mart for over 4 years and they still think I'm stealing stuff, but I'm going to try my best to make today my last visit there or any wal mart.

Corpus Christi, Texas, United States #1241507

I AGREE, I did the same thing, but Target, and HEB gets my money now.

WISH MORE PEOPLE WOULD DO THIS.

realm188
Mannford, Oklahoma, United States #1198312

Not really sure why anyone would be offended by that. All they did was ask for a receipt, which you get for a reason. If you don't know what profit sharing means, maybe you shouldn't shop anywhere...

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1198159

Walmart in my area started doing this a couple of years ago but seems to have stopped it. If Walmart is doing this nonsense as you say, then just shop at Kroger, Meijer, etc.

Doing so is a much better shopping experience anyway and they don't treat you like a thief.

Really, by using the weekly ads Kroger and Meijer have and looking at their weekly sales, you can do better than the normal prices found at Walmart. Plus, you don't have to put up with rude, unkempt and surly employees as at Walmart.