4.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

we go to our local walmart every weekend and spend over 200.00 every time. we go through the tobacco lane so that we can purchase tobacco products as well.

there is always someone in front of us that has an entire cart full of stuff and in the end never even buys a tobacco product. makes no sense. if you are in that lane you should be required to buy some kind of tobacco product. today we went for our normal shopping trip and the person in front of us that had en entire cart full of groceries also was price matching everything in her cart.

bottom line is the tobacco line should be 10 items or less and then my wife could go through that line very quickly while i went to another line with our weekly groceries. if not then you should be able to tell the cashier at any line that you want a tobacco product and they should be able to go get it for you.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of a product or service from Walmart. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Walmart to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Comments

Cypress, Texas, United States #1200765

So non tobacco users should be punished for making healthy life choices by having even less lines available to us?

to Anonymous #1413019

No. Tobacco users shouldnt be punished cause of other customers inpatience.

I don't use tobacco but i never use that lane because i know others need to gwt their tobacco or liquor. Its just curtosy. There are always CSM's around and i have never ever seen them advise a shopper with 20+ items to use a different lane.

Its on walmart not other customers. They could allow tobacco and liquor purchases at the registers right beside the tobacco lane!

#1199052

I agree with you but as pointed out, no one would pay any attention to the sign and the cashiers wouldn't enforce it. It's better to just take your business elsewhere.

drjonah
Whitewater, Wisconsin, United States #1199046

Even if it was 10 items or less, it would never be enforced.

Sugar Land, Texas, United States #1198984

If you don't like it then don't buy your smokes there. That's what I did.

I got tired of the exact thing you're complaining about.

Gueas what...I just took my money elsewhere cause I have better things to do then stand in walmart for an hour. Don't complain just change.

to Anonymous Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States #1199668

Problem with Walmart in general is that there are not enough lines for people. There are so many unused registers, few registers open, and the lines are long, and there's usually something that holds up the line and the amount of time for the cashier to actually get a supervisor to help is extremely long.

I have waited forever with just 2 people in front of me. Luckily, my Walmart started self checkout.

People wouldn't need to get in the tobacco line if there were other shorter lines available. I've learned to shop super early in the a.m., or very late at night when the lines are not long.