I bought a Nintendo Wii for my two children. My son was with me at the time so I asked him to pick out a game. He selected three games costing over $100. When he got home he wanted to play right away so I set up the system for him. I was watching him play one of the games and noticed that it had violence in it. Then I looked at the games more closely and noticed that they were rated Teen. I saw the rating on it before I bought it but did not know what it stood for. I told my son that I do not approve of him playing the games and returned the games the next day. My son had opened all three games to look at the instruction booklet that came along with them.

I went back THE SAME day to return the games. The man behind the counter told me that I could not return the games since they were already open. He later called the person from the games department and he told me the same thing. I asked to speak to a manager. Finally a CSM spoke to me. I told him that when I bought the game I had no idea that what the ratings represented and did not have the time to read the rating. I am a registered nurse that works ten hours a day and do not have much time for shopping. Well after a few minutes the CSM finally let me return the game. However he treated me like a child by telling me that they will make an exception this time but next time I have to check the ratings before buying the games. I am a registered nurse that makes triple or quadruple as much as him and he had the nerve to talk to me like this.

I later complained to the store manager about the CSM's rude behavior about how he treated me like a child by telling me that this time they will make an exception and he too was rude and told me that they had a story policy not to return opened software and that as a consumer I need to check myself before purhasing the game for my son. I make more money than him and he talked to me like I was uneducated. A registered nurse needs four years of Nursing school. A manager does not need any college experience and he had some nerve to talk to me like this.

Customer service is getting worse at this store. Last time when I had a problem of being forced to show a receipt they gave me a measley $25 gift card. This time they did not even give me that for the poor way I was treated.

I will no longer be shopping at your stores again since you could not even give me a gift card for my bad experience.

Review about: Walmart Gift Card.

Comments

IHateStupidCustomers

WOW the original poster is f**king dumb. they might make more money than those Walmart workers but they sure have a far lower IQ score.

not only was she too dumb to check out the ratings on the game or at least ask, she was also too dumb to realize that open games can't be resold.

she's just some selfish b**tch that doesn't know how to raise her kids. she probably only lets them watch barney and elmo even though they're probably like 12 by now.

Are you the same registered nurse that made millions of complaints. Get lost b*tch, now one gives a s*hit how much money you make.

RecoveringPissedConsumer

A Registered nurse needs only a two year associated degree you C U N T.

If you can't see the HUGE ESRB rating on the box which CLEARLY outlines what the meaning of the rating is. Then we can only wonder how many things you would miss on a patients chart.

Just another poor excuse for a parent trying to make an excuse for THEIR mistakes.

Not to mention all receipts when you buy a CD, DVD or Video Game CLEARLY state an item cannot be returned once opened. Get a clue and some common sense.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

smedrik
Palo Alto, California, United States #253550

I fear for your patients. The ESRB rating on the game is huge!

If you can manage to miss a large print, bold rating on the front of a game then what are you going to miss while skimming through a chart?

I don't care how much money you make, or what your education is. You carried on like a petulant child, they not only went against policy on this transaction the quite literally had to skirt the LAW in order to refund your opened games.

-Dead thread I know--

but...that's 100% your fault...people can rip games afterword opening, that's why Wal-mart wont take them back...I think you should be grateful they "allowed" you to return the item...that's good customer service....A "good parent" researches before she buys her kids things....

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #47208

How would you feel if someone went to your job and complained about the way you treated them or how bad your service is? You wouldn't like it one bit even if they were just making false judgments on you and every gosh *** employee that works around you.

When you something this ***, maybe someone or a group of people have to pay for it. It's not only Carol or us that may have to pay for it, it could be everybody. But you don't give a *** lady. What if someone lost their job because of this? The rating is on the box and YOU bought this on your behalf so you can not say that you were tricked into buying this and that you got cheated.

It is consumers like you that make other people not want to go to. "I will not be shopping in your stores again." You say that in every complaint. It's not like other people want to be around someone that is difficult anyways.

So you're a registered nurse. You mentioned this about 90 times in your complaint, as if it makes you superior to the Wal-Mart employee. "I make triple or quad druple as him" well congratulations.

Wal Mart's policy is you can't return electronics once it's been opened, and it usually says that on the receipt, and the reason for this isn't poor service, it's because people rip off Wal Mart more than you'd probably think.

The game's rating is right on the game, and says on the back of the case why it's rated what it is. If you didn't know what it meant, you should've asked upon checkout. You'd think someone as educated as yourself would know this.

I hope you have time to read this, with your busy nursing schedule and all.

seriously. what a ***

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #32379

Dreamer you are ***. Who are you to poke fun of my English when you can't even read yourself.

I did have the receipt. READ THE LETTER. Also I have read your post. You used paragraphs at least you did something right.

You must make your parent proud. However you must write sentences with capital letters and end them with periods. Also if you can't be mature get off this site.

I bet you are another pre-teen or a sexually frustrated teenager that likes taking your anger out on others or perhaps you are an adult that is jealous of me because you can't provide entertainment for your children. GROW UP.

what i'm seeing is this.

you expect the store employees to tell you, an adult and supposedly superior to the rest of the world, that the game you are purchasing is inappropriate.

how are they supposed to know you aren't buying it for yourself? if they offend your highly educated person by insinuating you don't know what you're getting, they run the risk of being written up, because people like you can and will complain to management.

think of this. every time you get your gift cards, which by the way being so highly educated and making so much more money than the rest of us one would think you didn't need them, an employee is written up, maybe even fired.

every time you throw a fit over your own stupidity someone suffers. maybe a single mother or father, or maybe it's a struggling young family, maybe it's a mother trying to raise her children's children, all of the above likely trying their best not to be on welfare, you never know about the person behind the counter's personal life.

most likely you're depriving a child somewhere of their most basic needs all because you don't use that supposed higher education to read labels.

even i, with my one year of college under my belt and i am sure vastly inferior salary, know what the ratings mean.

just out of curiosity, how does being white and semi-educated excuse you from having to follow the same rules as the rest of us? how does those same facts automatically exclude you from being suspected of (get ready for it) shoplifting? or copying the games? someone of your vast intelligence should have been able to figure out how to do that. if you don't have a receipt for something of that value which you supposedly bought the same day, or the day before, or even a week before, it's natural to be suspicious. most of us lowly humans keep receipts for at least a little while, to make sure the item works.

but then maybe you can afford to run out and buy a new one.

apparently there is no english language curriculum in this nursing school.

what's it like to only have to work 10 hours a day, anyway? and could i please have the name of your employer? i want to go work where i can make so much money i'm superior to the rest of the world.

You know, this is like what happened to me.

I went to this website called "Pissed Consumer", and kept reading post after post after post by the same troll.

No matter what page I searched, the same troll claimed to be a well-educated RN who works 10 hours a day and makes $80K a year. Funny thing, though, with all this education, the troll isn't able to compose a literate -- or even well-spelled -- complaint.

The saddest thing, though, is all the people who actually buy this troll's tales.

Thanks fer lettin' allus unedicated podunks no how stoopid we is, Madam RN!

Seriously, where do you get off acting like you're better than the person behind the counter, just because you have a degree- it obviously didn't help you remember to READ THE FREAKIN' LABEL, did it!?!?!

Karma's a b*tch, & looks like you experienced the instant variety! :grin

I think that the training you went through to become a registered nurse must have required some kind of reading, and it is a shame that you forgot how to read carefully. It was not Walmart's responsibility to parent your child, YOU should have read the labels, including the game description itself.

Violent game packaging usually LOOKS violent itself, so don't give us the BS about how "you just didnt know". Game ratings are not rocket science, "T for teen" means that if your child is NOT a teen, the game is NOT appropriate.

I'm also appalled at the way you think that just because you are white and educated you are so much better than the people who work at Walmart. You aren't a doctor or a lawyer or a Nurse Practitioner, so according to your behavior people who are these things could talk down to you and it would be perfectly acceptable.

I imagine that we could find plenty of lawyers, Doctors, and NP's to tell you that you should parent your kids a bit better. :p

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #29649

Grow up!!!!!! You say the people on this site are children for attacking you, well I'm not a child and I think you are an ***.

If you can't take the time to see what your child is buying then maybe you shouldn't be a parent. You probably bought the wii to entertain your child since your an rn and so important. Wal-Mart is probably glad that you won't return to their store, I would be if I worked there. You are not special, you have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

NO STORE WILL EXCEPT RETURNS ON AN OPEN VIDEO GAME. Since you make so much money you should have taken them to somewhere like gamestop and traded them in on some games there.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #28397

Well LADY. Its customer like you who make everything in this world Higher in cost!!

All games say the ratings big on the box. Its not walmart's fault that your a bad mother and cant read.. I mean if you are a "register nurse" you would think that you would kno how to read?!??! GUESS NOT.

I mean its also called birth control if you have too many kids that you cant even read the rating on a box, whos fault is that?!? YOURS!! Man you are ***! Its a LAW that they cant return games or movies or cds once they aer opened why do you feel you dont have to follow the same rules as everyone else??

Noone cause that you are a registered nurse... get a real life lady.

Vrtojba, Sempeter-Vrtojba, Slovenia #28134

Just one thing:

Let us know the names of the games so we can check the covers.

Surely there are more violence than the little T on the bottom...

Anyway...what kind of violence does a Wii game has? Mario jumpin' on turtles?

Varamin, Tehran, Iran #28129

You should change your field of work if you don't have time to be a responsible parent. Do you think Child Protective services or a judge would agree with you that it's the store's job to decide what you purchase for your child? They sold the games to an adult who chose to give them to her child.

Varamin, Tehran, Iran #28128

Anyone notice how she has time to take the games back and argue with all those different people, time to post a complaint, and to answer back? BUT HAS NO TIME TO READ WARNINGS MEANT TO PROTECT HER CHILD!!!

Varamin, Tehran, Iran #28127

And by the way, You set yourself up for all the comments. Under the large T it clearly states teen in the same box.

You made a mistake, admit it.

Don't blame others for it. If you have no time to read warnings and labels you had better take time to check whatever else your child may have.