2.0
Layout of Store

We shop at a neighborhood Walmart 2-3 x's a week, spending usually 30-100 each time. We had people coming over, so I bought a rotisserie chicken from the deli.

It looked like the leg/thigh was missing; being rotisserie dark, and the missing part being all white. A lady next to us said that was the SECOND time she heard somebody ask that as she was standing there. The Deli clerk, said no, it's all there, it just fell apart when cooking. Since the package was sealed, top to bottom, i took her word for it, being the last chicken, and got home to find out the leg and thigh was indeed ripped away from the body, and not in the box.

The natural assumption was the clerk had eaten it, so we fed what was left to the dog, since we didn't want to take a chance eating somebody else's picked at chicken. 2 days later, I went back to the store, made another $50 purchase, and went to the Service Counter to tell the Mgr what had happened. I thought they would offer a credit, or at least an apology, but what i got was a power trip from the on duty manager, a Personal Manager, that said i should have taken the half eaten chicken back THAT day, 2 days ago, and there was nothing she could do. I told her I knew that wasn't true, because ANY manager can do whatever is necessary to make a purchase correct, especially for the low amount of $4.99.

She got belligerent with me and i asked her was it worth it to Walmart NOT to keep a customer for $3 credit? She said she didn't care- that wasn't her job to interpret me. What?! So i went home, got the chicken carcass and the case out of the trash, put it in a bag and went back to the store and laid it on the counter as proof of the purchase.

I said: you asked me to bring it in and I did. She said 'I'm not taking this!" and i said she didn't have to, just give me partial credit for the chicken i paid full price for that was partially missing or eaten. More belligerance from the manager. I took her name, title, and made a District Level complaint with the 1800 Complaint line.

Somehow, I don't think Walmart is going to pat her on the back, and say: 'Good job, protecting our $3!' at the cost of losing a frequent customer. And somehow, I think Walmart would SPEND $3 getting a new customer thru advertising.

What do you think? Was I out of line?

Reason of review: bad management.

I didn't like: Customer srvice, Damaged hot food product.

Comments

Edmond, Oklahoma, United States #1233811

I found this because the other day I bought a pint of ice cream at our local Walmart. I got it Tuesday for my Saturday night football snacks!

I went to get it and opened it and it was about 1/4 gone and there was chocolate candy in it!! You can see the spoon marks where they were eating it!!!!

It was a flavor I'd been looking for and it was a little further back and laying on its side!! I'm disgusted and if I could sue them, I would!

This is a COMPLETE MADE UP STORY. Personal Managers are NEVER in the front of the store dealing with customers.

DOES NOT HAPPEN PERIOD!!!!!

Walmart would not only refund you that chicken, they would give you a free one too! Employees do not need to break off any of your chicken since they can get chicken....Samples are ALWAYS available in the deli!

to CustomerCare #1046453

It was 7 pm on a Thursday night; there was not a Customer Svc mgr on duty; the Cust Service clerk had to get the only manager left in the store, the Personnel Manager to handle my complaint, from the manager's office, and she obviously didn't want to handle it from her attitude. The Deli was also closed by 7 Pm.

Man, I'm tired of people that don't the situation calling me a liar.

There were zero hot chickens left at that time (but the Pers.Mgr didn't even offer it anyway, or to check).

to feez #1062666

I do not believe a Walmart, anywhere, is allowed to be in operation without at least one Salaried Manager on duty and in the building. Sadly, for your post's validity, their HR managers are only hourly. So I'm thinking more along the lines of fishy, than chicken.

to CustomerCare Chicago, Illinois, United States #1241721

Wow sounds like Customercare has the same attitude as the manager described in this review. I have never seen a Customer Care rep call someone a liar on a public forum before.

It is a good thing that you do not work for me because I would fire you regardless of whether or not the customer was correct. Because you completely lack the professionalism a Customer Care specialist must have to uphold the stores image. I do not know if this is a true or fabricated story but it seems plausible to me.

There is nothing that really stands out to make me believe differently yet instead of pacifying the situation you called a potentially good customer a liar. The big picture you missed is your response was read by many people such as myself that went wow Walmart Customer Service is not very professional and that goes to giving Walmart a bad image.

Nice try liar, but none of your posts have underscores under your name.

Be Aware:

There are imposters posting as me, posting false comments probably because they were busted in other posts as frauds.

My posts have an underscore underneath my name. ANY

'feez' post you see, like the one below that starts:

"Everyone that is writing on my review, shut up okay"

is a troll.

Take a look at the threads, and you will see the same trolls over and over, and you will know how these slanderers are.

I never cuss, ever.

Feez, you are the only one that is dumb. You correct people who already have proper spelling and grammar, with your own improper spelling and grammar.

You are too dumb to figure out that if you are screwed twice than you probably should not buy chicken a third time from the same location. I doubt any part of the chicken was missing, you are just trying to pull a fast one. You are behaving like a five year old when people tell you off. You seem to think you are better than everyone else because you "supposedly" work at AT&T.

This makes you a hypocrite. BTW in your other post to me you misspelled "hypocrite." You cannot have anyone charged with cyber bullying for simply telling you that you are wrong. That is not cyber bullying honey. You tell so many lies that you cannot even keep your story straight.

Guess you are not as smart as you make yourself out to be. You said you had the same problem three times, with the chicken thighs and legs missing, then you said that the second time you only went back for medicine and changed your story.

Someone needs to report your wife to the police. It is sick that she is interested in a five year old boy, only a sick adult would marry a child.

Everyone that is writing on my review, shut up okay. Just shut up, you are all *****g losers and you need to stop replying.

F**k you all. The chicken was missing parts, and I suspect the employee was eating part of the chicken. I was lied to and I deserve to get my money back. I made a mistake of posting on this review.

I was not out of line, you are all a bunch of pathetic losers, and if you all do not stop replying to my review I will be having you all charged with cyber bullying. Losers.

I believed your story until you asked for a credit. It is apparent you are trying to get a discount or a free meal because you cannot afford to feed yourself.

They probably have soup kitchens. If you are that desperate for free food go there. I know that everyone needs to eat. But making up lies is not the way to solve your problem.

Your lie could cost this employee her job. Also why would she eat the chicken herself, they have cameras everywhere? You have no proof that the chicken was half eaten. I know times are rough and I feel for you, but what you are doing for a free meal or discount is totally wrong.

Also you do not deserve a $3 if only the leg and thigh was missing. Hopefully one day you find a job so you can afford to feed yourself until then ask around for your nearest food kitchen. If this really were an ongoing issue you surely would not buy the chicken a second time, let alone a third time. Also the amount you spend is nothing to them.

You really think that $60-$300 a week is going to make them go broke. Dream on.

to KevinRichards #1045611

Who are you? I'm a 30 year AT&T employee that hardly needs a free handout.

My intention was twofold: first, to get an apology from Walmart on selling food possibly half eaten, and definitely only half there after the employee GUARANTEED me it was whole; and 2: to get the product exchanged for an edible one. Dude, you have some serious serious assumption problems probably stemming from a superior attitude, much like the one I encountered from the personnel manager.

to feez #1045669

You seem to think that because you work for AT&T you are superior to others. The fact remains, if you encountered the exact same problem twice you would not be buying the chicken, Most likely it was whole until you ate part of it.

You are the one with the superior attitude. I can understand getting the chicken a second time after the same problem, but a third. Only someone who is dull would buy the same product a third time after getting the same issue.

I hope someone who wants to gain financially makes a lie about you and you end up losing your job. You know what they say about Karma.

to KevinRichards #1046140

from feez: Your reading comprehension problems are amazing: I only bought chicken once , and went back to Walmart a 2nd time, not to get chicken. I never said I bought it twice more.

This is the 7th assumption you've made on this story that was wrong. When will YOU apologize for getting so many things wrong, Kevin?

Also, I'm a 30 year employee of AT&T, not a 30 year OLD employee. Again, your reading comprehension is awful.

to feez #1045687

I believe you are the one with assumption problems. You assumed the deli worker ate the chicken and you assumed that you could eat the chicken or feed it to your dog then return to the store 2 days later to get credit for what???

A chicken that you fed to your dog! If the chicken had been missing a leg or thigh then people with at least half a brain would have taken the chicken and the receipt right back to the store, not wait till 2 days later empty handed with a bull *** story you expect them to believe. Then to top it all off, you dig a chicken out of the trash ( thought you gave it to your dog)and bring it to the store as your proof! Proof of what?

That you like to dig in dumpsters? They weren't belligerent, you were because they didn't just hand money over to you and believe your ridiculous story. I'm sure they didn't Pat her on the back for saving them $3.00 or $4.99, whatever it was but I'm sure they were glad that she isn't an employee who caves in to stupidity. Imagine how much money the store would lose if everybody tried to pull that obvious scam.

To answer your question, YES you were way out of line and made a fool out of yourself to boot.

You win the prize for most ignorant customer. Pat yourself on the back.

to Anonymous #1045729

Let's pretend you aren't as dumb as you sound: First off, there was only 1 staff person in the deli all day; the lady who packaged it at 3pm time stamp on the pkg was the SAME one who falsely told me that the leg/thigh was in the package, even though there was a 6inch X 4inch white section of chicken obviously missing; so obvious that ANOTHER customer had asked the same question of the deli worker within 5 minutes of me buying it. I was sick that week, but had enough strength to get to the store to buy a meal and get home, only to find out it couldn't be eaten by humans, so i fed it to my dog, minus the chicken carcass, which i put in the container and sealed it up so it wouldn't stink.

The reason I didn't go back the same night was because I WAS sick, and had to cook dinner for my wife since the dinner i bought was junk. You idiots seem to think someone would make up a story like this to get a $4 chicken! LOL Not too bright are you? The point was this was a possible board of health problem that mgmt needed to be aware of at Walmart, and when i went back a second time (not to buy chicken by the way, but to buy allergy medicine) i brought the problem to the manager's attention, fully expecting nothing more than an apology and thanks for bringing it to their attention.

Instead all i got was attitude and shooting the messenger.

You trolls on here are really something else with your false assumptions and bad logic.

to feez #1045747

One would think if you are 30 you would be able to write proper sentences instead of just one run on sentence.

My husband called me on his lunch break and asked me to make him an appointment to have a tooth pulled. I called and he had his tooth pulled @ 3:00 on Thursday October 30, 2014.

The doctor told him that since the tooth was the source of infection he would not need any antibiotics and was only given Norco for pain.

Needless to say when he woke up Friday October 31, 2014 for work his entire left side of his face all the way down his jawline and into his neck is swollen 3 times as it was when he laid down for bed.

I called Aspen at 1:00 pm Friday the 31st and seriously had to plead with the dentist to please fax some type of antibiotic to our pharmacy. I explained to him that my husband's face and neck was severely swollen and the pain he is having is beyond that of your typical extraction.

He insisted that this swelling is normal and that he didn't need antibiotics because the tooth was gone.

After a few more minutes of explaining his symptoms they finally agreed to fax the prescription for him. I gave them the name of the pharmacy as well as the phone number. Thanked them and hung up.

Well several hours later, I called my pharmacy to find that they never sent anything for my husband...

Who as of right now cannot move his neck and has a temperature and feels weak and faint...

I am so angry and I would like some advice as to what I should do from here...I called the emergency line 4 times and was hung up on at least one time on purpose, put on hold and the call was disconnected once. And am currently waiting for a call back from a Doctor supposedly within a 20 min time frame, I'm not going to hold my breath though.