Albany, New York

I can't count how many times I've checked out at Walmart with a cashier who didn't know how to do some pretty simple things (I'm saying this as someone who's worked retail in the past). Normally, I'm pretty forgiving of this, as they may be new and I try to be understanding of that. Usually they will just end up calling a manager and get the help they need. I generally don't go there in a rush, so I don't mind waiting. BUT, what I have a hard time dealing with is someone who doesn't know what they're doing and does not bother calling a manager but instead ignores you and does things wrong, ending up in me being overcharged.

In recent years, they had the Culligan water machines in the superstores where you can refill your water jugs. You buy the jugs the first time, and then after you come back to refill, you only get charged for the water, of which they have to manually put in how many gallons of water you're buying. But instead, the guy ignored me and scanned the containers resulting in me having to pay for the jugs a second time, in spite of already owning them. I was going to let it slide, as it was only a few dollars and I was in a rush this day, but I wanted to correct him for future customers. But when I corrected him (which I did very kindly) he responded with attitude, saying "This is how I've always done it. If you have questions, you could go up to customer service." He refused to listen, claiming he was doing it right, and kept repeating that. This isn't the first time I've had someone who didn't know how to do it, but all other times, they would contact the manager and then the manager would show them how, so by this point, I was well aware of how to do it. But this guy rudely refused to even try.

Most of the other Walmarts I haven't had much trouble with, but this particular Walmart I often end up leaving in a bad mood. Their employees are almost always under-trained and VERY rude. This is the Walmart in Albany, NY (which is supposed to be the largest Walmart in the U.S.). I refuse to ever go back to that Walmart. I've heard complaints from many many others concerning that Walmart as well.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walmart Pros: Low prices.

Walmart Cons: Customer service.

Comments

What do you expect from minimum wage workers who can't find jobs elsewhere?

KevinRichards

If you do not tell them how to do their job you won't be talked to so "rudely". I bet if someone told you how to do your job, you would react just as "rudely" But you are lying about working. If you are not then the child labor board needs to check out your company, because clearly with your attitude you are three years old.

@KevinRichards

You don't work. You troll this site all day and night, so who are you to advise anyone?!

I don't know why you haven't been banned from here yet. You cheapen this website.