Kalispell, Montana
2.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I had an interview with a man named Lance. throughout that entire interview, he downsized me and made me feel *** about earlier life decisions concerning the workforce.

I'm 18 and have had 5 or 6 jobs since i started working at 14 years old. The reason for this is due to the fact that my mom was a gypsy and we moved just about every single year until I settled down once i moved away from my mom. He told me that he's had only three jobs since he's started working and he appears to be a 50 - 60 year old man. I found that very hard to believe.

Before he explained this to me, he made a comment on my age. This made me feel that I was put at an unfair advantage. This is just a pissed consumer website, but I'm going to look over the app and go deeper with this.

there was no excuse for this to happen. I'm appalled that somebody of a management position would do that to me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Customer Care.

Reason of review: Hiring.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walmart Cons: Way i was spoken to, Attitude of customer service, Manager lance, Unfair treatment.

• Morality
  • Employees Lance

Comments

#1194733

People who have had numerous jobs in a short period of time are typically bad hires in my experience. It can often be a sign that they lack commitment when accepting jobs.

He shouldn't have been rude about it, but it is a valid concern when hiring.

Also....a 50-60 years old man with only 3 jobs is incredibly plausible.

Many people stay at the same place their whole lives.

Not_the_0P
#1194787
@Anonymous

The person may be 18 but he is a child in an adult's body. Rather than admit someone is doing better than him he wants to make it seem implausible.

snugglegirl05

How in the world does someone downsize you during the interview?

That statement does not make sense.

First Born Triplet
@snugglegirl05

They "fired" him before he got the job?

I've worked for the same company since I was nineteen, ten years now. It was my first job.

I'm not in the same position that I was when I started as I have moved up since then, but it's really not all that unbelievable that someone in their fifties or sixties would have worked only two or three jobs in their lifetime. Like I said, I've been with the same company for ten years and have no plans to leave anytime soon because I am happy there.

It does, however, look very strange to have had so many different jobs at such a young age as eighteen. It makes it look as though you cannot hold a job for very long, which is a red flag for employers.

First Born Triplet
#1161920

There are people who do the same job for 30-35 years so the part about him having three jobs his whole life is not hard to believe. You should have just posted your last job next time.