53 W Germantown Pike, Norristown, PA 19401, USA
2.1
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I had a large order today at the Norristown, PA Walmart on 53 W. Germantown Pike, Norristown, PA 19401, Store# 03565, 16 items, $72.73.

The woman at the customer service desk would not honor an expired $.50 coupon for my Colgate toothpaste. The coupon was less than 30 days expired. Other stores in our area will honor a coupon if it's less than 30 days expired. The woman was quite rude and nasty towards me.

Additionally, there were only two registers open and the lines were very long. When my cashier walked to the customer service desk, he was walking very slow, and looking at his cell phone on they way to the service desk. This purchasing experience was actually very scary. The womain from the customer service desk was very unwelcoming, rude, and nasty.

The register receipt had a male manager's name on it. The womain that helped was not a male, she was an African American woman, on the heavy side.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Walmart Cons: Customer service, Speed, Entire experience, How i felt when i left the store.

• customer service person
  • rude employee
  • unpleasant employee
  • Coupons
  • Rudeness

Comments

i've never been able to use exp coupon exc at restuarants.......ive noticed that customers claim empl's are rude when they dont get their way

866-273-8606 is aspen dental

Just exactly what do you think the purpose of an expiration date is?

50 cents? SERIOUSLY?

Hi customer , I am very sorry if you have had a poor experience with your checkout. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this further.

Would you mind giving me a update on your experience by giving us a call at 1-866-273-8606 at your earliest convenience? Please ask for Jane upon calling.

We'd like to make sure we charged you the full price and resolve these concerns to your complete satisfaction. - Thank you, Amanda @ Walmartcorp.

I work for a major grocery chain as a cashier, and my employer will not accept expired coupons.

@Anonymous

I agree, the fact that this person is lying about other stores accepting expired coupons, and the fact that she mistakes being told no as "rude" makes me wonder if she is four year old, or just acts that age when she does not get what she wants. I am sure if the cashier was rude it was because she threw a temper tantrum when they refused to accept the expired coupon. Mommy needs to shop with her until she is mature enough to shop alone.

h.kitchener

You are off-base on the expired coupon. If it is past the expiration date, then don't expect it to be honored.

That's the rule. As for the long lines and rude employees, what can you expect from most, if not all Walmarts?

Besides slow and rude service, most employees are unkempt and slovenly. Best to shop at another store as Walmart really doesn't care about customer service or professionalism.

@h.kitchener

My thought was that if you really needed 50cents that bad you could probably find it in their parking lot. LOL OP: Expired means expired you going drink milk 'less than 30 days' after its expired?

Get over yourself rules are rules they don't get the money back from the company after expiration date. It's pretty simple and I'd imagine MOST people would get rude back if youre throwing a temper tantrum over 50cents that YOU didn't properly plan for.

LadyScot
@h.kitchener

Unkempt and slovenly? That's rude.

Maybe some employees can't afford nice clothes. I have worked at WM for 8 years, and I can assure you I am not unkempt nor slovenly.

As for long lines, you want cheap? You wait.

You want fast and lots of employees? Pay more.

Rude employees? I can guarantee that customers are rude first, and usually just for the h.ell of it.

Walmart doesn't accept expire coupons. Go to the stores that take expire coupons but walmart does not. Even if the coupon expired yesterday the register will not accept it.