I called WalMart/Mastercard customer service #, was told I had been chosen to receive a $100 gift card and to either press 1 or hang up. I thought that was a little strange, but thinking I was connected to a Mastercard rep, I pressed 1 & was connected to these crooks.

THROUGH MASTERCARD'S CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER!!! I don't know how they were able to to pull that one off. I told him I was calling to pay off and close my account. He said he would help me with that after explaining the offer to me.

AGAIN - MADE ME THINK I WAS SPEAKING TO A MASTERCARD REP. Thinking it was a legitimate offer (because, clearly, I WAS born yesterday), I said "ok" and gave them my credit card information in order to receive at $100 gift card with only a $4.95 fee. THEN, the whole spiel about "sending me a value pass, cancel if I decide I don't want it....etc., etc., etc." happened. That's when I said - "No.

Don't want it." He wanted to argue with me, so I asked for a supervisor - then the supervisor argued with me and told me it was too late to change anything, and that my credit card would be charged. I continued to state that I did not want the stuff, he continued to argue, then transferred me to his manager....who wanted to argue with me. I hung up on him. He CALLED ME BACK (thankfully I was not on my cell or home phone) and told me that hanging up would not do any good, that I had agreed to the service, he had it recorded, that I knew it was a promotion, and that "as an American, you surely know what a promotion is" (!!!!!!!), and that if I didn't get the confirmation number from him, I would not be able to communicate my wish to cancel the "service", and I would be sorry because my credit card would be charged 24.95/month forever.

I stated that I was going to cancel my credit card, and he said, "try it Miss, and you will be talking to the authorities about non-payment." He said he was going to transfer me to the "verification" line and I needed to state my name, credit card number (twice), and the address where I wanted the gift card sent. After being transferred, I gave the name "John Doe", and a person came on the line asking for my name again. I repeated "John Doe" and said I just looked your "company" up on the internet, and this is nothing but a scam, and I was dumb enough to fall for it. He said, "This is not a scam, and you agreed to pay." I hung up.

No call back. Then I immediately dialed the Mastercard customer service number again, got through to their Fraud division, related the problem, and cancelled my credit card.

I truly don't know how these people sleep at night. I have always been told that if "something is too good to be true", it's probably too good to be true, and am pissed off at myself for falling for this ***.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Walmart. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments

Did anything happen after you canceled your card?