Last night after midnight at about 12:30 in the morning on 12/8/2017. I went to walmart to buy a few things and went up to the counter to check out.

None of the check out counters were open. Found someone to ask why this is, and was told that I would have to use the self check out. I said what does the person do if they wanted cigarettes, Was told that they would open the register for someone who wanted cigarettes. So why am I being discriminated against, when I don't smoke????????????????????

Why am I being discriminated against, When I work nights? After Calling walmart corporate was told was up to the store manager.

No one at the store wants to transfer me to the manager, or the manager does not want to talk to me????????????????????????????????????? Its getting closer and closer to taking my business else where!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Checkout Facility.

Comments

You admitted in your complaint you only had a few items. Who wouldn't want to use the self-checkout if they only have a few items. It's not rocket science to use.

aliens_amoung_us

The reason being is because the cigs are at certain counters, and have to be manually (i.e. human intervention) obtained from the shelf and rungup.

So yeah, an employee would have to do this. Pretty cut and dry.

No discrimination, just a matter of location and human action. If you don't understand this, then you are screwed moving forward.

#1402075

Whats won with the self check out? You get through the check out a lot faster than having a cashier.