We took our car a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer to Walmart for it's regular oil change and vehicle checkup.During the checkup it came to our attention that the transmission dipstick had been broken off and they could not check the fluid in the transmission.They said they did not do it and that it most likely happened the oil change before which was also at a Walmart.At that time we were told by Barry (the service mgr) it was okay to drive the vehicle .One week later the transmission locked up and had to be towed to a transmission specialist who said the faleure was do to lack of fluid in the transmission.We feel that in fact the dipstick was broke off at the previous oil change by a walmart employee and he simply got rid of that part of the dipstick and signed off on the transmission to relieve himself of blame not telling us the the stick had been broken and unable to check the fluid.If he would have informed us of this issue it could have been solved with out the $2900 cost for a transmission rebuild.We filed a claim with CMI (Claims Management Inc.)Phone # 888-213-7534 (we dealt with a Barb there who was rude talked down to us and even called the mechanic at the transmission shop a liar and that the transmission had to have a leakage issue and she would have to deny the claim he explained to her that there were no leaks and it was a walmart topping off issue.When CMI received the statements from the walmart fluid checkers not mechanics (which barb at CMI called them) they had changed the statements made and told her that they never told us it was okay to drive the vehicle and did not recall placing blame on the previous Walmart oil change.We went to our Attorney's office on 2-27-09 and are in the process of suing Walmart and CMI.Please take our advice and never let Walmart fluid checkers touch your vehicle as the internet shows that they have more complaints than praises.This will be taken to the next level and will make it a life long goal to expose Walmart Automotive.We would love to start a class action suit against Walmart and CMI.If anyone reading this has had a problem with Walmart Automotive would like to join this class action please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we have a attorney that would love to do it.
Consequences. Describe the economic or physical damage that resulted.
Transmission cost $2900
3 weeks without the vehicle
Treated like a *** and lied to.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2004 Chevy Trailblazer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I decided to order the manual treadmill as a gift because of the big 'GET THIS ITEM BEFORE CHRISTMAS' sign lit up next to the price. I ordered this 14..."
- "Date: 10/09/2014 Management Walmart 10th Ave N. Palm Springs Fl. 33461 Gentlemen, On 10/08/2014, I ate a sandwich made from Tuna salad purchased from your store. The tuna contained foreign objects some of which I ingested. I..."
- "So I knew that Walmart did not take great care of their fish, but I had never seen anything worse than what I saw the other night. almost all the..."
- "Just recieved my dead Valentines Day roses from this piece of *** company! Thanks for screwing up my Valentines Day... Much appreciated. Go to ***. You have it coming when..."
- "Bella Fleur does not state that the above mentioned products are on a trial basis and you will be charged almost $100 after a 2wk period of time. When I..."
- "My husband and I bought Thomasville cabinets from Home Depot store # 0731 in the last part of 2002. We didn't get Home Depot to our house to install..."
- "A few months ago I ordered a pair of glasses from GlassesUSA and thought since it had a 100% Money Back Guarantee and a 365 day Warranty that they would..."
- "Energywise LED Solutions are very cheapED bulbs they are the cheapest quality bulbs!. I saw their bulbs online and thought of going ahead with it as it seem to be..."
- "Elemental Solutions St.Louis MO My experience with these *** artists goes like this. Before payment, after first payment, after 2nd payment, they quit before the 3rd payment when I started pointing..."