Loyall, Kentucky
9.1K views

Tire Blew out on I-64.Went to wal Mart for Warranty repair because i had originally purchased Road Hazard Insurance.

Waited 10 minutes to be assisted because there was only one person in store at the tire center and she was busy making keys. After giving my keys to the attendant I waited another 30 minutes (While I watched only one car in the bay, four employees laughing and joking with each other in the bay area) for them to finally come over to me and proceed to tell me that they could not honor the warranty due to the tire being "ESSENTIALLY BALD." (The AAA mechanic had already told me that I had gotten good wear out of the tire as there was only about 6-7, 000 miles left on it when it blew out.) I then asked for a manager and waited another fifteen minutes for him to come to the tire center. They called twice and the girl at the tire center desk had to go get him to come to the tire center. (They had already announced over the phone that they were dealing with an irate customer.) When the manager came up to me he asked how I was doing and I said "Not so good." I then explained all I have already stated and he merely said "We can't honor your road hazard warranty.

I was furious and asked him if he really wanted me to take my business to Paynter tire store (A locally owned store I had already called and discovered I could purchase the tire cheaper there.) and he said "No, but that is your option." With that said, I left the store and proceeded to telephone Wal Mart to lodge a formal complaint.As of yet I have heard nothing!

Review about: Walmart Manager.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Your wrong here. You ran the tires to the point where they were out of tread beyond the warranty period. The pro-rate, if any, would have been an insult to suggest.

Lawrence, Kansas, United States #1349960

I had a blow out last night on Interstate. I have to take my flat tore into WalMart to see if they will Honor my Tire warranty.

Yeah they don't give a *** .....pep boys is on the ball..or tire ..ina road tucson800

The tire has to have useful treadlife (and reasonable age) remaining for the warranty to be honored.running the tire to the end of its useful, roadworthy life...which by the way, increases your risk of a blowout....won't get you a new replacement tire.

You've used up the tire.

it's simply time to buy a new one.

No need to whine about WalMart''s crew.They're simply doing their job.

Grovetown, Georgia, United States #1268262

I had a nail in the center of the tread.Went to walmart on sunday.

Waited 90 minutes. Car was on the lift. Went to check up on it "We've been trying to call you" No, Here's my cell. I gave the counter *** the new number.

Why didn't you page me? Duhhh..... so the service mgr tells me the nail is in the sidewall and they can't patch it but will sell me a new tire that they don't have in stock. WTF???

I plugged the tire myself.Will be back there tomorrow and see this mgr, have him show me the sidewall puncture......

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #1254731

Nothing in the original post indicated if the tires really WERE bald.Walmart can say whatever they want, but from my own personal experience, their road hazard warranty is bogus.

I bought tires from them, and in less than a week, my wife hit a pot hole and damaged the tire. Walmart refused to honor the road hazard warranty. I take my business elsewhere, now. Direct Tire does a great job of beating Walmart's prices and they WILL honor their road hazard warranty.

Just for the record...Walmart also sells "out of date" batteries as "new".

I won't buy ANYTHING to do with my car from Walmart.

to Anonymous Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #1313009

I agree, Im having the same problem.As a matter of fact Walmart told my daughter that she needed 4 new tires.

She had a problem with one, so she bought one, she went back and asked about the warranty that was purchased when the tires were bought, and was told that the warranty was not any good...AND they said she needed 4 new tires, including the one that she just purchased a week before!!

Unfortunately we are in two different states and I don't have he warranty in hand, but from reading the other post it doesn't seem that it would make a difference.I am still going to file a complaint...and vow never to buy another tire from Walmart again.

Me 2, I buy 4 new tires

With warranty, but when I need replaced for scratch they don't do it.

Terrible service never buy tires in Walmart

LMAO.First, if you properly maintain your vehicle (alignments, rotations, replace bad tierods/ball joints) you wont be blowing out "bald tires".

I bet those walmart employee's laughed about you for a week straight.

My wife works at wally world (she loves it! Has a medical degree and would rather make $11 an hour). I get to hear all the cool stories about people like you.

P.s I HAVE NEVER blown out a tire in my life.

I will admit walmart is a joke when it comes to any type of warranty.

I buy my goodyear tires at sears.Not those cheap chinese tires at wally world.

Basically WM SUCKS at ANYTHING to do on a vehicle!!!