By far, my family and I had one of the worst experiences ever!!!
My husband &I decided to go to on Friday April 15, 2011 to Wal-Mart(Store #3601, Crestwood IL) to purchase our first flat screen TV. We came across a very nice 46" LCD Samsung TV, with very good resolution advertised at the price of 788.00($898.00 was). We asked the associate from electronics department to check stock & to bring the tvso that we can purchase. Upon our request, the associate informed us that they do have that model in stock, BUT that we would have to pay the full price of $898.00 instead of the advertised priced (located right below the tv) of $788. My husband &I looked at each other confused, we were both looking at the price tag right below the TV which reads $788. When questioned as to why would we have to pay the full price when it says clear as day $788 the walmart employee preceded to tell us that it was "because they never changed the price tags and the reason they still have the sale price tag displayed was because it had all the product information on it…so, that's why we kept it". I wasn't going to waste any of my time trying to explain to this person that this doesn't make any sense. A customer makes a decision to purchase a product based on quality &price advertised. You cannot tell a customer that: you'll have to pay the full price even though it is advertised at the lesser sale price. This is not making any sense. I immediately requested to speak with a supervisor/manager in charge.
10 - 15 minutes have passed &finally Ms. Rhonda, Assistant Manager came. Before we got a chance to speak to us, she pulled the associate that was assisting us to the side & talked amongst themselves for an additional 5 minutes. Finally, they both approached us. I've explained Ms. Rhonda that we wanted to purchase the TV now/today at the advertised price, but that her associate informed us that even though the price tag does say $788 we would have to pay the full price of $898.Ms Rhonda clearly seemed aggravated, (almost like we were wasting her time) at the situation. Having a lot of experience in retail customer service, I thought all that was going to be done was she was going to see the price tag and clearly admit foulght and honor the price on the tag.BOY WAS I WRONG!Instead, she offered me a discount off of the full price but not the $788, as advertised. We proceeded to ask as to why she would not fully honor the $788 &asked if it was our foulght.Why should a customer have to pay more because obviously someone in that department did not do their job? Question to which she offered no answer or explanation.She claimed "the price is what it is" with an aggravating tone. Now I become perplexed. Upon hearing this I have immediately called the 800# to file complain against the store for FALSE ADVERTISEMENT and against MANAGEMENT FOR THE WAY THEY CONDUCT BUSINESS.
I EXPECT CORPORATE TO FOLLOW UP & CORRECT THIS SITUATION!!!(have pics&phone record to prove)
****In response to my efforst to post this story on facebook, Wal-mart keeps deleting my posts or comments.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- 46Â€ Lcd Samsung Tv
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "Today I purchased a ring at the Walmart in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. It had a sale sticker on it for $98. After taking the tag off at home, I lifted the..."
- "I am going to post this until everybody knows, and hope they change their spending habits... A different store could use the business... Wal-Mart has lost mine. Wal-Mart is so..."
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "I see that you description of your company is men and boys haircuts. Can you explain to me how your shop in Muncie, Indiana cut around 20" of hair off..."
- "Dream Parties Christopher If this is a dream, then I had a night mare internet, California This company is up on Craigs list,I thought what they heck, they are cheap I..."