By far, my family and I had one of the worst experiences ever!!!
My husband &I decided to go to on Friday April 15, 2011 to Wal-Mart(Store #3601, Crestwood IL) to purchase our first flat screen TV. We came across a very nice 46" LCD Samsung TV, with very good resolution advertised at the price of 788.00($898.00 was). We asked the associate from electronics department to check stock & to bring the tvso that we can purchase. Upon our request, the associate informed us that they do have that model in stock, BUT that we would have to pay the full price of $898.00 instead of the advertised priced (located right below the tv) of $788. My husband &I looked at each other confused, we were both looking at the price tag right below the TV which reads $788. When questioned as to why would we have to pay the full price when it says clear as day $788 the walmart employee preceded to tell us that it was "because they never changed the price tags and the reason they still have the sale price tag displayed was because it had all the product information on it…so, that's why we kept it". I wasn't going to waste any of my time trying to explain to this person that this doesn't make any sense. A customer makes a decision to purchase a product based on quality &price advertised. You cannot tell a customer that: you'll have to pay the full price even though it is advertised at the lesser sale price. This is not making any sense. I immediately requested to speak with a supervisor/manager in charge.
10 - 15 minutes have passed &finally Ms. Rhonda, Assistant Manager came. Before we got a chance to speak to us, she pulled the associate that was assisting us to the side & talked amongst themselves for an additional 5 minutes. Finally, they both approached us. I've explained Ms. Rhonda that we wanted to purchase the TV now/today at the advertised price, but that her associate informed us that even though the price tag does say $788 we would have to pay the full price of $898.Ms Rhonda clearly seemed aggravated, (almost like we were wasting her time) at the situation. Having a lot of experience in retail customer service, I thought all that was going to be done was she was going to see the price tag and clearly admit foulght and honor the price on the tag.BOY WAS I WRONG!Instead, she offered me a discount off of the full price but not the $788, as advertised. We proceeded to ask as to why she would not fully honor the $788 &asked if it was our foulght.Why should a customer have to pay more because obviously someone in that department did not do their job? Question to which she offered no answer or explanation.She claimed "the price is what it is" with an aggravating tone. Now I become perplexed. Upon hearing this I have immediately called the 800# to file complain against the store for FALSE ADVERTISEMENT and against MANAGEMENT FOR THE WAY THEY CONDUCT BUSINESS.
I EXPECT CORPORATE TO FOLLOW UP & CORRECT THIS SITUATION!!!(have pics&phone record to prove)
****In response to my efforst to post this story on facebook, Wal-mart keeps deleting my posts or comments.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- 46Â€ Lcd Samsung Tv
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I bought Smithfield smoked sausage at Wal-Mart yesterday in Hagerstown Maryland. And took them out today to get ready to make and out of date..."
- "I decided to give walmart one last chance, but yet again they are out of stock for the items i was shopping for. This is the 4th time it has..."
- "While I was eating my product I noticed an altered taste after the first ***. I decided to check the expiration date and realize that it was expired for 3..."
- "Buyer beware as we have had this couch for 2 years and the leather is ripping in random spots on both sections. Not small tears either as some of leather..."
- "I bought a dress from TBdress that was stated to be 'burgundy". They delivered a bright red dress. Further, the dress was sewn with measurements that were smaller..."
- "I have a horror story here.Landlord is referring to Gregory Eveslage in this document.Rented Address was 10144 Morning light Dr., Avon IN. 46123.Landlord address Gregory Eveslage 5205 Clover Ridge Dr.,Greenville,..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."
- "My over all experience with this dealership since I got my 2016 Colorado four months ago. My sales experience was good they do the typical push you into stuff..."
- "5RB Solicitors of 5 Raymond Buildings in London are dishonest and tell lies to the High Court. Thus they should be avoided and are not fit to practice law. Deceiving the judiciary..."