Admittedly, I am not a walmart fan.I rarely shop there because I do not condone their overall treatment of employees or consumers (basically, I feel that they don't give a care about either!) However, I did shop there twice in the last couple of months and I had problems both times.

The 2nd time I thought I'd check out their Christmas clearance items. Even tho it was more than 2 weeks after Xmas, there were lots of things (mostly broken, opened, picked over) still available. Signs advertised "All Christmas 50% off" & additional signs listed exclusions (holiday storage items.) But, I found a couple of pkgs of Gingerbread men cookies, a porcelain Santa, & some ribbon. Check out lines were long but, since I had few items, I got in the "quick" (overstatement!) checkout line.

Cashier rings up the cookies at full price; I pointed out that they should be 50% off. He called a supervisor. She told me that the cookies were not 50% off because they could still sell them at the regular price past the holidays. I mentioned that the signs advertised them at 50% off.

She responded that the signs were only for Xmas items. I told her that the cookies were Xmas items since decorated Xmas trees were on the packaging. She refused to honor it. By the way, the expiration date on the cookies was less than a month later.

I chose not to buy them. She left. Cashier rings up the Santa figure again at full price. It was originally $10; there was another price sticker on it that was $5.00.

Supervisor is called again. She notes that it is ringing up at $10 & begrudgingly tells cashier to ring it in at $5. I said 50% off the marked price is $2.50; she refused to sell it at that price. I didn't bother buying that either.

In the end, I wasted almost an hour browsing & trying to purchase some items; I ended up with some ribbon .

Review about: Walmart Cashier.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

They hired you didn't they? :grin

nikalseyn

Your story is funny, Whachamacallit.I have also run into the same thing on their after-Christmas stuff.

WalMart for the past couple of years has delayed going 75% on this stuff, long after other places have gone 75% or, in the case of Meijer, 90%. I guess they are trying to make more money. However, trying to make a profit is not the problem with WalMart, as we both have found out---it is a PEOPLE problem. They seem to hire the dumbest, could-care-less people in the area.

Apparently WalMart goes out of it's way to find the most people with no common sense that it can. I too try to avoid the place and tend to just go to Meijer or other store, even tho the prices are a bit more, just to avoid WalMart. I have found, tho that I can find things cheaper at Meijer by buying things they have on sale. WalMart may have everyday lower prices on things, but if you shop for items on sale at, say Meijer, you will save money.

And, the people at Meijer are great!!!Meijer background music is crappy and appeals to gang-bangers, but just wear earplugs and you will do fine.