1.5K views

I purchased a Sony SDHC memory card for my Sony camera.I carefully opened the package with a razor just in case I would need to return the item Turns out the card is incompatible with our camera.

Wal-Mart will not take back an opened memory card package. Funny, no signs in the electronics department tell you this before you purchase the memory card.

When pressed for an explanation by three different Wal-Mart associates, the answer is that "this is our policy" No explanation as to why this is the policy.I will NEVER buy anything electronic or electronics related from these people again.

Review about: Walmart Department.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Prescott, Arizona, United States #1305214

They took back my two opened micro sd cards (a 32 and 64 gb respectively).

Prescott, Arizona, United States #1305213

They took my two micro sd cards opened, with a receipt.

@IHateStupidCustomers

No he just didn't know that SDHC memory cards don't work with sony camera's you need to get the sony designed memory card the little rectangular one that only works in sony products.

IHateStupidCustomers

the original poster probably just couldn't figure out how to use it.

Jedi Knight Ethan

Big Bruce

Most likely he "forgot" to mention that he had the card for more than 90 days.

BigBruce

Look, ladies and gentlemen!We have, for once, a legitimate complaint on PissedConsumer!

OP - As an assistant manager at Wal-Mart, this is certainly not policy.

It is policy that the card not be resold, but it is still eligible for a return, as long as you have your receipt.

For a memory card, I think it counts as a computer/electronic accessory so its return policy would be 45 days from the date of purchase.However, without a receipt, you are SOL for anything with a limited return window (anything that is not 90 days).