1.7

My daughter ad I searched all the ads for the best deal for a TV in the Black Friday sales. We chose Walmart because they "guaranteed" your item.

All other stores were only what was available in store. Obviously they didn't have all the TV's in stock (my guess is they didn't have any.) After shopping for an hour there and getting the receipt for the TV were left the store. The next morning my daughter tried to enter the item number on a website to register for the TV. The website said her number was no good.

She tried again in case she had made an error. The website told her to go into the store because there was a problem. We had to drive back to the store just to be told they wanted us to call an 800 number. The 800 number tells you they can't help you because you don't have the correct ID number.

The offer was from 6:00 - 7:00. We left by 7:00 so we were within the required time frame. Now we are told our receipt was wrung up wrong. Whether this was intentionally or not on the part of Walmart they should have made it right.

I don't mean by refunding my money.

I could have looked at other stores but didn't because of the "guarantee." Now we are just out of luck. I will tell this story to everyone that will listen and will NEVER shop at Walmart again.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Customer service, Lack of stock, Service.

Comments

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States #908899

Had a similar problem as the one described here. Fortunately, I went back to the store on Thursday and after about 30 minutes one of the associates finally figured out how to ring-up the transaction correctly.

One of the associates stated that the 1-hour Guarantee transactions needed to be completed by 2 am (presumably my time). Walmart needs to do a better job of training staff for special transactions such as this one.

If you have your receipt, you may be able to seek assistance from their toll-free customer service division. Good Luck!

Thousands of people apparently h a d this issue as well as myself. The store can void your receipt and ring it up again and you still have until the first to register it online with corrected receipt.

Or another option is you can fill out a rain check with a copy of your receipt attached to it and the store will provide you with a tv when they receive one just as if you would have registered your receipt or the store can offer you a suitable replacement for the tv you payed for but will not receive.

At least this was the info that was given to me. Please respond back and let me know how it goes