1.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Dec 29, 2016

They told me they couldn't help me because the receipt for when my gift card money was stolen had been input manually but when a purchase is made with the savings catcher gift card the receipt is added automatically with only a yes/no prompt on my phone. I was stolen from by thieves that are aided and abetted by Walmart themself.

Original review posted by user Dec 28, 2016

I would like to tell everyone I can to NEVER use Walmart Savings Catcher. My account was hacked, my savings catcher gift card was used by someone in California, and NO ONE at Walmart customer service is able to help me.

They refused to offer a refund for the stolen money (over $40 was stolen!) and their customer service has lied to me, hung up on me, promised me I would have a refund in a timely manner (it's been over a month) and they have now sent me an email telling me changing my password will solve the problem. If anyone uses savings catcher, they should know that this will NOT solve the problem since thieves still have my savings catcher gift card number. They are sending the issue again, for the third time, to a mysterious "tier 2" group... a group who has no contact number or email so you can't speak to them directly.

Kevin at customer service has assured me that he will tell them I am irate and difficult to deal with. He's a real champion of the consumer. Having worked in customer service, I am kind and understanding to service reps.... for the first month.

After that, their incompetence tends to make me irritable and sharp tongued. This is a billion dollar company who is allowing cyber thieves to steal from their customers and then shrugging their shoulders when the issue is brought to their attention. I get it- savings catcher money is essentially "free money" since they are giving you a free price adjustment; however, this perk is the ONLY reason I shop at Walmart. Without that, they are just a *** store with *** customer service (not to mention all the other *** things about the company).

Super long story short- avoid Walmart Savings Catcher....

Actually, just to be safe, avoid Walmart all together. #walmart #walmartsavingscatcher

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Account.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: To never shop at walmart again, Initial two service agents were kind.

I didn't like: I hated it, Had no answeres, Poor customer service, Rude treatment, Money theft.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 28, 2016.

Comments

It IS Walmart's problem since they don't know for sure who hacked it, anonymous user. And Walmart forces us to use eGift cards for savings catcher - and going to walmart pay isn't going to solve it.

If you really were the good store Sam Walton intended you to be, you would give us a physical gift card and don't put info on the site from the card. At the very least they should investigate it.

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1262654

If your account was hacked, that is not Walmart's problem. It's too bad, but not there problem. This stuff happens in a technological world - get over it.