1.2K views

I have been shopping at Walmart ever since it opened how many years ago like most Americans and have never written a bad check to wally world. However now that they have decided to use telecheck to tell them whether to accept a persons check things have changed.

On June 3, 2011 I went to Walmart to buy groceries for my family-we spend $200-300 per week at Walmart- and when they went to run my check through, telecheck would not accept it-never mind I had 20 times the amount of the check in my account. This happened before with Home Depot- telecheck said my checks were out of order.

Well, Walmart I will blow you off and now start using Winn-Dixie,Harveys, CVS, and Walgreens with their coupons. If you don't like my money I don't like your product!!!!

Review about: Walmart Account.

Comments

Look, debit cards and credit cards, as well as pulling money out from the ATM incur charges and fees. These options do not solve the problem. The option of a check is a valid option, so Simon, Shako, Cashier, FRGirl85, y'all can seriously can it. Wait a little longer, slow down your life, and see that a debit/credit card wastes your money.

Telecheck has poor management, and there's not much that can be done about it, unfortunately. The employees of the company (according to them) cannot tell the computer to accept checks and that all is well either. There is no way to get rid of the hold on your account because, according to them, there is no actual hold, they just advise that you do not pay by check for the next week.

Checks are not that inconvenient. They take literally thirty seconds longer to run than a credit/debit card. Learn to calm down and stop rushing through life. The thirty seconds you spend in that line will not make a *** bit of difference in your life.

What Telecheck does seems irresponsible and unnecessary. Hopefully, it'll change for the better one day soon.

I eagerly await the day when third party companies that have no part in people's money are banned, and store employees and customers chill out.

debit card?

Get a debit card? Why should YOU have to accommodate THEM when you're trying to give them money?

I had the same problem with Office Depot and Shop n Save, who also use Telecheck. When I called Telecheck they said nothing was wrong with our credit, it's just that we hadn't written enough checks for small sums for them to evaluate our credit (small being under $20).

That's horrible "customer service". So we don't shop at any of those stores.

Where I work I get tired of telling customers that they don't have to write anything on their check and they do anyway. They keep other customers waiting. Just use a debit card.

What's a check?

You need to bravely march into the year 1996 and get a debit card. It's quicker and thus more convenient for the customers waiting behind you and the store is guaranteed payment.

I eagerly await the day that all stores stop accepting checks and believe me, that day is coming.

Working for a finance co that uses telecheck i can tell you this. Walmart has nothing to do with the decsion to accept the check.

Telecheck looks for people who have wrote bad checks before to any place by using the account and routing #.

So just because you have not wrote walmart bad checks does not mean anything. Also telelcheck CAN NOT check to live to see if funds are available, it just runs your check electronically which post faster and higher priority than paper checks.

FRGirl85

I work for wal-mart thank you very much and not employees there are bad, its putting up with *** like you that puts us in a bad mood and for the tele-check thing Its our fault that it won't accept it If you have 20 times the amount in there use a *** Debit card next time ***!!

nikalseyn

Your best bet is to NOT shop at Walmart or if you do, only buy what you absolutely need and/or cannot find anywhere else. Then, pay with cash and get the heck out of that store!!

Take a look at the employees who work there as you walk around the store. No wonder talking to them is like talking to your shoe.