2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Yesterday I returned a Walmart Maxx-35N to the Paris, TN Walmart that was defective after 50 months. I was told that the pro-rata credit would be $15.62.

However, if I wished to apply this credit toward the purchase of a new battery, the warranty on the new battery would expire in 10 months. After getting nowhere with two sales clerks, I requested to speak to the manager (Kala). In spite of my encouraging her to walk over to the battery rack and read the warranty policy printed in the book (see pic), she refused and told me that she didn't need to read the policy as she already knew what it was. The warranty policy is clear: "All replacement batteries sold during the Pro-Rata replacement period include the full warranty period from the purchase date of the discounted replacement battery." I went ahead and purchased a new battery at full price as I needed a new battery immediately and figure I can pursue resolution with corporate.

I wonder how many people have been cheated out of the pro-rata adjustment and just gone ahead and paid the full price to get a new warranty.

I plan to pursue this matter to higher ups in the company. Don't let them do this to you!

Review about: Everstart Maxx-35N Car Battery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: That replacement product i needed was in stock.

I didn't like: Misinformed clerks and manager wouldnt read the posted policy.

Comments

I had the exact same issue. Same exact verbiage should replace battery.

Same response by assistant manager. She would not read what it says. One assistant manager actually said not what is written and he tried to say that I need to go with original purchase date not the replacement date. I can read English.

Seems like this is a fraud trained to assistant managers. Pursue it.

I’m in Florida and it’s identical to what happened to you. I’m getting my $85 back or replacement battery

#1519259

So you didn't take the adjustment price and just bought a new battery at full price so you would have a full warranty. How does that do you any good if you aren't going to take advantage of the warranty anyway?

h.kitchener

You might wish to file a complaint with your state's licensing/regulatory agency that deals with consumer protection issues. Go to your state's website and find the appropriate agency and file a complaint.

Attach the Walmart warranty policy if you can, or quote it verbatim from your photo.

FYI: I have never thought Walmart's batteries were that great in the first place and I suspect Walmart has batteries made for their specs., which tend to be lower than a major brand. Like the tires, major brand ones, sold by Walmart, they are, indeed a major brand tire, but made especially for Walmart and of lesser quality than normal for that brand.

to h.kitchener #1519953

Update: Walmart.com contacted me and asked for additional information which I provided. After an exchange of 8 emails, the final one said that they were sorry but they were only empowered to resolve complaints about Walmart.com problems and that I needed to contact a different department of Walmart that handles in store complaints and bring it to their attention.

They were unable to give me the contact info for the correct department.

I have since sent a copy of all the information including a copy of the Walmart warranty policy and my receipts to the overall manager of the local Paris, TN Walmart. Have not heard back yet.

to sasteel #1532122

Update: After finally getting a hold of a customer service rep at Walmart Corporate, she confirmed the validity of my complaint and opened a file on the incident that the local Walmart could not ignore. I was called the next day by the local store manager and obtained an apology from him, an in person apology from Kayla, and was assured that the employees in the automotive section are now familiar with the correct application of the warranty policy.

I received the $15 warranty credit as well as a $50 gift card for my inconvenience. We all make mistakes, but this incident should have never gone this far without an employee taking responsibility!