Wellington, Colorado

On Cyber Monday purchased an Xbox 360 with Kinect 250 GB holiday bundle from Walmart.com but then they shipped to me the 4GB system. When I called about it, they said it was an online mistake and I had to accept the 4gb system, which sells for about $100 less.

In the meantime, the other deals that were available on Cyber Monday had long since vanished. Also, have since received email from Walmart saying it was a typographical error. That has to be a joke. For it to have been a typo, someone would have had to have typed in something like 2,000 wrong letters.

This was a complete ad promoting the bundle, with two games included plus a third game of your choice, along with three months of XBpx Live. Customer Service Rep said they had been flooded with complaints. I was promised a call back, but haven't heard anything.

Sounds like a class action case. Anyone listening?

Comments

I had the same thing happen. I ordered a holiday bundle with the kinect for 269.00 and was shipped a 199.00 holiday package.

When I asked how to fix it, they told me to get a refund, and re-order.

Why would I do that? What if I get the same *** thing?

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THAT HAPPENED BUT I DO UNDERSTAND THAT XBOX/MICROSOFT WILL CALL YOU BACK AFTER YOU CONTACT BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. I FILED A FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER BAIT & SWITCH AS THE BUNDLE DID NOT INCLUDE 3 FREE GAMES AS THE T.V.

ADS SHOWED AND THE ACTUAL BOX DISPLAYED. SUE THEM DO NOT COMPLAINT WE HAVE TO SEND A MESSAGE TO THE FAT CATS IN THE BILLION DOLLARS OFFICE WHO THINKS YOU ARE NOTHING AND WILL CONTINUE TO **** ON YOU UNTIL YOU STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND MISLEADING PRODUCTS ;BAIT AND SWITCH EMAIL ME @ suchristo1234519899@hotmail.com to start litigation

This happened to me too. Total Bait and Switch!!

Now I'm having issues returning. I went to a Walmart and they said I had to ship it back. Went to Walmart.com and the site says I can't return it. This is becoming a real pain in the A**.

I will never shop or search on Walmart.com again. I finally was able to get the service phone number and the support person admitted that it was a screw up. The site had the wrong info.

BTW So Sad is an ***. We all purchased the model thinking it was a good deal which turned out to be a false deal.

Same thing happened here. Got nowhere with Customer Service. Walmart should have honored the advertised price.

This happened to me. I made sure to have print screens of the web page, but I returned the 4gb they gave me because I wasn't getting anywhere with the customer service rep. Also, when I returned it, they didn't even have the product number in their system!

Well false adverstising is one claim you have. To resolve the problem asap.

Call your credit card company and file a complaint for a fraudulent charge. Explain the situation to them.

If you can find the ad or a copy of the ad you have a solid case. This could be a great class action.

YOU FULL OF *** YOU ARE AN *** THE CENTER OF THE *** RIGHT WHERE THE *** COMES OUT...

TCK

Same thing just happened to me. I had been waiting and shopping for the best deal on the X-Box 250GB with Kinect, saw the advertised offer on Walmart and ordered on 'Cyber Monday'. What I received was the 4GB. Called and e-mailed Walmart, was told the 250GB hasn't even been available for 2 weeks. E-mail response said it was a typo.

I don't believe that for a second. You can find the 4GB anywhere for around $200. Why would anyone pay $300 for it? How is charging more than the market price a deal? I feel this is a scam, bait and switch and illegal and unfair business practice.

I'm considering a class action suit against Walmart for this illegal practice. If anyone else would like to join in, please comment back.

Really "So Sad"? Then WHY is it that Walmart has admitted to making the error?

They CLAIM it was a 'typo', but I'm inclined to call it Bait and Switch. This 'error' negatively affected many, many people. The LEAST Walmart could do would be to honor what they advertised. Very unfair business practices.

Perhaps you should investigate and know your facts before critisizing other people. You really are SO SAD!

THis complaint is bogus because on Cyber Monday Walmart was only offering the XBox 4GB model and not the 250GB model. Quit whining and lying because you couldn't aford the XBox model you wanted.