Walmart Black Friday 1 hr guarantee is a false advertising!
I received a "guarantee card" for an iPad mini in the store from an employee who had an entire cart full of iPads. I asked her if I could have one, and she said "No, these were purchased already". Then why were they in her cart? She told me to go to the register to buy this card.
After waiting almost an hour in line, I was told by the cashier that she could not ring it up at the register and I had to go wait in line at consumer service. Almost every register was funneling all customers who had a card into these 2 lines. After waiting another 30 minutes in line I was told that I would get my $100 gift card (promo) when the iPad shipped, NOT in the store. I had to register my iPad card on a website and then purchase the iPad with the card online. This was inconvenient because I planned on using my $100 gift card for other purchases but was unable to do so.
The website took over an hour to load because of "high volumes". I finally purchased the iPad and was told the delivery date would be Dec. 14-22. This morning, I checked and a new delivery date was posted: Dec. 23-27. I just checked again and it says "Processing: Your order is estimated to arrive between 12/26 and 12/31."
WHAT?!?! So much for the guaranteed before Christmas delivery date.
I am going to report WALMART for false advertising and hope you will do the same!! We need to file a class action suit.
Waited on hold for over 30 minutes... 1-877-745-0190
Update: The customer service rep told me this "Processing" message was a "website error" and that all items were guaranteed to arrive by Dec. 22, without even asking for my order number. After I insisted he check my order number, he told me to wait until the 22nd and my item would arrive on time. He said a lot of people have been panicking and calling about this (no kidding?). I asked him if the item would really arrive on a Sunday and he hesitated and said "No it will be before then". Then I asked him "So am I out of luck if it doesn't?" and he hesitantly said "No, it will".
So Walmart apparently expects us to take our chances here and risk not having a gift for our children on Christmas.
"When will my order arrive in the store?
Your order will be available for pickup in the store before Christmas. You will be able to track the estimated arrival date of your order as soon as you receive your shipping confirmation email. If you have ordered more than one 1-Hour In Stock Guarantee item, your items will ship separately and may arrive at the store on different days."
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- One Hour Guarantee
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- "Date: 10/09/2014 Management Walmart 10th Ave N. Palm Springs Fl. 33461 Gentlemen, On 10/08/2014, I ate a sandwich made from Tuna salad purchased from your store. The tuna contained foreign objects some of which I ingested. I..."
- "I placed an order for a LIMITED edition T-shirt in Oct 2016 and received nothing so far (3 months passed). I tried the "Order Tracking" via the "Email us" on..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "I ordered a hoodie on 04-21-2015. I received an email stating that it had been shipped. Obvious that was a lie because it still has not arrived. I am more..."
- "New Pinwheels recipe is terrible. They've ruined it. It tastes bad and won't stop tasting bad. It leaves a rotten aftertaste in the mouth. *** decision to change the recipe...."
- "This company sent non-functional product and doesn't refund..don't return calls on there listed toll free number , left multiple massages. Decided to email after waited for so long and then..."