Walmart Black Friday online purchase experience

I placed an order online on Black Friday and the online system showed the item in-stock and available also at all my local stores.Instead of having it shipped, I went ahead and chose my local store on Ben White Blvd in Austin, TX to pick up.

I had received a notification via email that the item is in-store as I had setup in-store notifications prior to this purchase. However, almost 24 hours after placing my order, the order was cancelled. Now I cannot get the same item for the same price. When I called customer support, everyone was EXTREMELY unhelpful.

Why would the online store allow purchases of items if the availability changes after the order and the order cancels? At this pace and with these problems, the walmart online experience will NEVER catch up to Amazon's.

Both the in-store inventory system and the online availability system needs major revamping if walmart plans on ever gaining the customers that Amazon is driving away from their stores.Something like this is completely unacceptable with all other online retailers I have used.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Horrible customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Fifa 16 Game
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #741508 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walmart? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walmart. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Walmart.
Filing a new complaint about