I went to the Walmart in Manahawkin, New Jersey, to purchase items advertised for Black Friday, specifically a laptop computer. Of course the laptop I wanted was not available so I looked for the next best one in the store.

I found where they were located and I was told by Heather (who was an assistant manager) that we have to give her our name; had to stay in the line; our children or other family members or friends could Not stand in line with us; and if we left the line we would forfeit and not be able to purchase the laptop. I got in the computer line at 10:00 and needed to stand there for two hours! Without the children being able to stand there? This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

And Heather walked up and down the line like a prison guard verifying no one would come in the line or leave. Who ever heard of such absurd rules???? The whole reason for having the computers (and other limited quantity sale items) is to "pull" people into your store.

What were we to do with our children if they can't stand in line with us?

Did Walmart consider the children being kidnapped in a frenzied store during the Black Friday sale since they couldn't stand in line with their parent? What about someone needing to use the facilities?

If you needed to, you lost your place in line? How ridiculous!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Manager.

Comments

Boo hoo hoo.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Oh boo hoo hoo you big baby. EVERY store has the policy that you can't get out of line on Black Friday.

There is noway for the store to verify who was in line and who wasn't and who is trying to cut in line. On the busiest shopping day of the year this is the easiest way for the store to keep people from cutting in line. If they didn't do it this way and someone cut in front of you in line you'd be crying like a big baby about that.

So either way the store can't win and you're aren't happy. If you don't like the policies then don't shop on the busiest day of the year genius.