Yatahey, New Mexico

The flyer states that items will not go on sale until 12 midnight, however they were sold out 3hrs before at 9:00pm. I fell for this back in 2001, but I thought maybe they have changed I'll give them a try. Its 2011, they have not changed. I left a message about my experince on the Walmart web page, unless I get some positive feed back (didn't in 2001) I will continue my boycott of the chain.

They are big enough to not care about any one consumer, all I can say is they need not worry about me coming in their store again.

Comments

redneony
#382012

Simon, I think the point is that if a sale is advertised to start at a certain time, it shouldn't be determined who gets what four hours before it begins. Especially if it's on a national holiday.

Personally, I loathe this change to midnight.

It's a total disrespect to Thanksgiving. It's even more loathsome that it's actually starting before midnight...

I would like to think that a ticket system would be a better way. Something like at midnight all persons with intrest in the item be given a ticket stub and the "winners" drawn from a hat.

But I also realize that Walmart wants as many people in the store for as long as possible in the hope that they will, buy, buy, buy.

Deat

Same thing happened in Poway, CA. Got there 2 and 1/2 hours before midnight for electronic sale.

Talked to an assstant manager who said tickets were given out at 7:30 pm and none were left. Very bad business practice!

Once there are enough people in line to buy all of the stock a store has of an item, what difference does it make when they give them out? Either way, aren't getting one. Grow up!

nikalseyn

I do not go to WalMart because of their terrible customer service and lack of manned checkout lanes. You have another valid reason to stay away from those people.