1.4K views

About the same thing happened to me just yesterday I ordered a cell phone online which went threw then I received an email stating that Walmart cancelled my order due to Error:Thank you for shopping with Walmart.com. Unfortunately, due to an error processing payment information, we have had to cancel the following order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I wrote them back letting them know my bank was charged how could this be an error? Here is their response:

We’re sorry that your order didn't went through. Unfortunately, it was canceled since did not pass some of our security checks during processing. These checks prevent unauthorized use of your credit or debit card. We cannot accept your online order at this time, but you may purchase this product at your local Walmart store if it is available. Please reach out to your store to confirm if inventory is available.

However a charge from Walmart.com appears on your method of payment, because your financial institution placed a temporary authorization on your account to ensure funds will be available if the order goes through.

This pending charge is an initial hold that temporarily lowers your available balance. Since your order was cancelled, the hold will automatically expire within 5-7 business days and no action is required on your part.

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546.

Sincerely,

Keyla O.

Walmart.com Customer Care

I feel it is wrong of them to automatically cancel an order when your payment comes directly from a bank debt/Visa card. Now I have to wait for my funds to clear 5 to 7 business working day & this was suppose to be for a birthday gift SMH I am mad as *** someone needs to file a complain against Walmart for not allowing proper purchases online.

Review about: Walmart Gift Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

Lewes, Delaware, United States #1318022

I placed an order using the Walmart app on my Android phone right after the order was placed Walmart cancel the order saying that they could not verify payment information.Yet they already charged my card $389.04 now I have to wait 8 days for my bank to refund the money.

when they tell you to wait only 48 hours that is a lie. This is my first time shopping with Walmart and will be my very last time shopping with Walmart. I refuse to do business with a place that does this to their first time customers. It is ridiculous inexcusable and I will not tolerate it.

I'm going to Best Buy they have a better laptop for about the same price as Walmart did.and at least I know that they won't treat me the same way Walmart did by cancelling my order for no real reason.

to rexx123456 Lewes, Delaware, United States #1318024

by the way if anyone decides to shop at Best Buy make sure you use the mobile website because the app has problems

Sanford, North Carolina, United States #1263835

I'm a walmart employee and this happened to me too.It's a shame that the same money I receive from Walmart didn't pass a security check.

So now I'm out $50 til it's refunded."Thank you for shopping at walmart, save money live better", are you sure about that?

I hate them so much.

RachaelD

First of all I get the understanding of bank authorization but my point is why is Walmart automatically canceling or without probable cause I have a great amount of money that I have to wait for my bank to unauthorized for an order i placed online for a gift. I am not the only person they have done this to nor will I be the last! I will never again purchase anything from Walmart online so buyers beware!

MattD78
Orlando, Florida, United States #886667

Every online retailer works with authorizations.You place an order, the retailer asks your bank if they can charge for the item, the bank authorizes the purchase.

However until the item ships they cannot put an actual charge through. So if an item is cancelled you have the authorization which will then fall off after the appropriate time (5-7 business days). Again, almost every online retailer works this way. And the 5-7 business days is not Walmart's fault, that's your bank.

Walmart gets nothing for an authorization.

So if you want to blame anyone blame the bank.Also you may try calling your bank and see if they can cause the authorization to drop off sooner but it is unlikely.

to MattD78 Kenmore, Washington, United States #1356213

I have try 3 different banks that i have and all 3 Walmart was not able to verify . receiving email that order was placed and immediately receiving email that order was canceled.

both orders was automatically canceled .

shame on walmart.