Purchased a car battery in 05/13, which has a three year replacement warranty.I took it back to a Walmart store in Fremont,CA and they asked for a receipt.

I told them I don't have a receipt and it's been over 2 years. They told me "oh we have a new policy that was placed a month ago, you need to have a receipt, we can not do anything." What the *** was I to to know that you will have a new policy about reciept in two years. Then the assistant manager came and I was eventually told to call the manufacturer. When I called the manufacturer, they told me to go back to wall mart.

I called the wall mart customer service and they told me to go to the store where I originally purchased it.

Had no idea was mart would stoop this low.I guess along with "low prices" they should advertise "low customer service" as well.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of car battery. Walmart needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned car battery in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walmart. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Target.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

They should be able to tell from numbers on battery when it was purchased. Policy at the time of purchase applies, not some arbitrary "new policy".