1.9K views
2.8
Layout of Store

Purchased a Black Friday Sale TV and the manager talked me into getting the Walmart Care Plan stating the purchase was over $150 and the plan would repair or replace the tv for 3yrs if anything happened to it.

Well that was December, In August the tv no longer turned on.

Grateful I bought the warranty plan, I contacted Asurion (Walmart's Care Plan Provider). They refused to repair or replace the tv, stating they could not offer a comparable tv for the purchased price. They said they would only provide a reimbursement. I can not purchase another 50" tv for the Black Friday $$!

I called the local Walmart who after 5 people said to bring it in and they would exchange it. Brought tv into store and found the exact tv on shelf - same upc. When got to customer service, manager stated he could not give it to me for the same price- I would have to pay an extra $200. What!

He said even though it is the same tv and same UPC, it is no longer on sale as it was on sale for Xmas only. Walmart and their Care Plan scammed me on this one.

Usually I have great service with Walmart, but this is a crock of BS.Never buy the Care Plan!

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to "comparable 50" tv" as the author lost $500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Walmart. The most disappointing about walmart care plan from Walmart was warranty, care plan and customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Had an Experience with Walmart?

Comments

San Angelo, Texas, United States #1270460

I just recently got the careplan also and they have lied and lied to me day in and day out. So walmart's careplan does suck and the customer service treated me with no respect never again will i get walmarts careless plan

Walmart cares about keeping the Waltons in lots of money. Alice has to go purchase things for her museum you know!!!!

If you're in management, help this guy.

Dallas, Texas, United States #1131615

My friend, you need to kick up a serious fuss.A couple well placed calls to the boss or the boss's boss will get your money back.

If you let them bamboozle you, you get diddly. I hate being an *** but I hate losing money more. Be an *** if you have to be, just maintain your language at an acceptable level and stay calm. Simply do not take no for an answer.

If they tell you no, ask for their boss. They will probably claim he's not there, insist on seeing whoever is higher than that person. If you still get no, get names and phone numbers. Use them but also look up corporate complaints yourself.

Be a nuisance until they fix it.They will do what you ask to get you off their back.

to DallasJim Chula Vista, California, United States #1200608

You are on!

I recently bought a tablet; and also purchased their careplan; after asking several times if they would exchange it for another one in Store; I got yes for an answer. But like always there is a catch; but I did what you said; got another tablet and a refund for the care plan.

Yeah well I just bought an Emerson 32" tv w/ DVD installed but can't get the site to log me in to activate the warranty, I guess I need a confirmation code that they will send me but not yet, Homer (after 2 days) LOL ???

I received a Element 32 inch TV for Christmas.I have and am still trying to check on my warranty.

I texted the code on the bottom of my receipt. I called and all I got was recordings.

I still do not not if my warranty is complete.Please help!!!

This employee was miss informed or didn't know the policy. I'm a front end zone supervisor. They do the exchange or return for what ever you paid for.

AMEN!