Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I seldom purchase the two-year care plan but was unsure of the durability of the whistler jump and go Portable jumpstart and power supply. After 1.5 years, the clamp that attaches the unit to a battery failed.

I checked the date and realized the care plan was still active. I called to file a claim as I had the receipt. The associate that answered the phone requested the faulty part. I explained the problem with the clamp failure.

She immediately began to state the care plan does not cover the damage. I stated to that associate that I felt very dissatisfied. She said "I understand but there is nothing that I can do since the damage that has occurred is not covered by the plan. " I asked what it does cover and she said that it only covered power surges from the unit.

Here recently, I purchased an item for my granddaughter that had an option to purchase the care plan. The associate waiting on me mentioned the option at sale, but then explained the care plan was a rip-off. After this experience, I would strongly not recommend anyone purchase the plan as I agree. I even mentioned what the associate indicated during a recent trip.

She said the manager would not be happy that an associated indicated the care plan was a rip-off as the store makes money off the customer for this purchase. I said that I wished an associate had told me this 1.5 years ago to let me know that purchase of care plan = rip-off

Product or Service Mentioned: Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 20.

Comments