I am so angry right now. I just got home from a Walmart, and I swear I will never go again. As I proceeded to the checkout, I notice

that yet again there are only four registers open. I know it was close to midnight, but come on. I proceeded to get into register 11's

line when I noticed that the line was shorter. The cashier keep pointing to her light that was off. I didn't know what she meant, so I

didn't pay any attention towards her. After a while, I had notice her lane closed sign was up. I didn't care at that point. I was

going to stay in that lane no matter what. The cashier then yells down the line telling me that I was her last customer and that was

it. She then tells another customer that she is tired of people ignoring her lane closed sign. That is when I lost it. I just left my

cart and stormed out the door.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Cashier.

Comments

A six year old would know that the light is off it means the register is closed. I am surprised the cashier did not call the police on you and have your parents charged with child neglect for allowing someone your age to shop alone, it is obvious that you are six years old from the fact that you did not know that the light off meant the register was closed and that you continued to stay in line after knowing this.

The cashier should not have made the comment, but she is probably tired of unattended six year olds such as yourself getting in line after the register is closed and thinking they don't have to follow the rules like everyone else. Where was your mommy in all of this? Besides it looked like she directed the comment to your six year old classmate and was willing to help you, even though you think the world revolves around you and you think you can do whatever you want. You will not be missed trust me.

You throw a temper tantrum because she made a comment after you became stubborn. Mommy must have wanted you out of the house but that is no excuse for her to neglect you, she should have sent you with an adult.

What a genius. "What does the 'lane closed' sign mean?

Why is her light off? Why must the world be smarter than me? Whaa!

Whaa!" Oh my god, grow up! Go to one of the other lines when the LIGHT IS OFF and LANE CLOSED SIGN is up.

First Born Triplet

Seven year olds know the light is off the register is closed. Then again they also storm out of places in anger when someone says something they don't like to hear.

Well at least I know why there's always a shortage of carts at the entrance of my store when I go to work lol.

Lackey#30127

Another entitled little *** who believes everybody needs to wait on her.

Get a life, and let the cashier have her life, too. Whiner.

Wow, you are a loser. You think that a cashier is not allowed to go home or take a break when she's standing for hours on end? You're a loser, get a life.

You're in the wrong on this. 1) After 10 pm Walmart requires the CSMs to shut down all registers, except for 2-4 (depending on the size of the store). 2) If it was time for that cashier to either go home or go on break/lunch and her supervisor had already instructed her to do so, then she was in her right to refuse more customers, especially if her light is off and the "lane closed" sign is up as those are both clear indicators that her register is closed.

im a cashier and i absolutely HATE hwne people do that. if my closed lane sign is up and my light is off IM CLOSED AND DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE YOU..! thats just how it goes..**ps nobody cares if you never come to walmart again everybody else will you wont make a difference ;-)**

Hey *** the register does not shut down you dumb *** it locks the cashier out big difference, and from the way you were talking you did sound like a girl and last of all Women have the same rights as men and who said you were a man you sound more like a little boy who needs a big nap! and let me go up to your work and do that see how feel you insensitive ***!

To the poster To those commenting, I don't need any help defending myself. Go spam somewhere else.

The way Wal-mart works is that if you work 6 hours on the dot you don't get a lunch break only a 15 minutes little break. Plus since they don't get a lunch break the person can get locked out of the register if he or she is not off it from it from a certain time. You were lucky she was nice and took you I hate when customers get pissed because we have the light off but yet still come anyway and when we tell you we can't take you they get pissed just grow up already and as for leaving the cart there you wonder why prices go up.

Ambridge, Pennsylvania, United States #335684

anon, you're kind of a self centered spoiled a s s :(

Actually I think it was a nice of that cashier to let you even stay in the line and tell you that you were the last customer. Her mistake was in complaining to another customer (supposedly about you?).

I have worked as a cashier before so I know how she felt. You need to pay attention to the lights above the register. I don't feel sorry for you, I feel sorry for the cashier.

I usually don't go into Walmart because I don't like the way the employees are treated by that company plus lack of customer service. Try KMart but pay attention to the lights.

Your very rude for ignoring the cashier. She was most likely off at midnight and wanted to go home.

She might have worked a long shift and was exhausted, maybe she had to pick up her kids from a sitter. I can't stand immature people like you!

cajunsix

first time shopping? how the heck do you not know that the light off means lane closed. maybe it was off because she get off at midnight and wanted to go home?