108 N Apple Blossom Dr, Chelan, WA 98816, USA
2.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

On 9/6/2016 a cashier and security guard positively ID my son from a picture that a cop showed them of him. They said that's the man no doubt.

My son had not even been in their store but it didn't matter.Because of their eyewitness statements he was arrested. He spent 9 days in jail, where he was beaten up two teeth knocked out his kidneys bruised and there was blood in his urine. I SPENT EVERY LAST DIME I HAD TO BAIL HIM OUT. After a year of going to court in Chelan WA from Grand Coulee WA and spending 50.00 a trip JUST FOR GAS.The case was dismissed after they looked at the video and saw a tattoo on the man's arm that my son did not have.I contacted WalMart and told them what happened.

The manager called back a couple days later. He told me that WalMart wasn't responsible because the cashier and security guard had no power to arrest my son.Therefore it is the policeman's fault. I told him in America everyone has the power to make a citizens arrest. He then said WalMart wasn't responsible because the cashier and security guard didn't have the power to charge my son, so it is the police and the court's fault.I told him my sons arrest and injuries are a direct result of his employees' actions.

He then told me that the cashier and security guard were just cooperating with law enforcement. I asked if he was implying that the police officer gave them the impression that he wanted them to identify my son as the man that committed a crime in their store.At no time did he offer any apologies or sympathy for our situation.I asked him what kind of training does WalMart provide its employees in Eye Witness Identification. He told me it was none of my business how he trains his employees.

I was trying to resolve an issue without a lawsuit. WalMart has not even called back.

I liked: Location.

I didn't like: No responsibility for their employees.

Comments

All of this dramatic nonsense, and then you state that you like the store’s location. Unbelievable.

Be sure to put together at least $10,000 for lawyer's fees for your proposed lawsuit.